Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by esbo View Post
    So when I should plant mine?

I don't know what they are. I amd pretty sure thing about early late or whatever was on the packet.
    Earlies mature quickest
    Second earlies mature next
    And maincrops next
    And lates are, the last.

If you don't know, then just put them in now.

Earlies are planted for an earlier crop, as well as late for a Christmad crop. I also use earlies later for a September crop in schools.

Comment

So one site says

Earlies: Plant mid-March to the end of May.
      So I should be fine if they are early.

But is is all a bit confusing what happens if lates are planted early and earlies late.

Surely all I need to know is how long they take to produce potatoes?
      You'd need to know the variety, to know that. If not, assume main crop and just get them planted.
      Last edited by zazen999; 26-05-2013, 06:18 AM.

Comment

I mean I'm pretty sure there was nothing on the bag apart form king edward or morris piper or whatever, could be wrong but I think I would have noticed if there were.
        So do you still have the packets?

Comment

SO I do not know what I have I bought some from the pound shop or and sainsburys I think is that any help?
          If you don't know what they are, put them in asap. They'll produce leaves, you'll need to earth up a couple of times (pile up earth or mulch around the foliage to protect spudaters from light) and you should get flowers after a few weeks of foliage growth. Sure way of them being done is when the flowers become fruits and then it all starts to wilt. For mains (King Edward is a main), this will be a minimum of 16 weeks, so get cracking. If at 16 weeks nothing has started to wilt/go over, then have a furtle. This basically means rooting around in the soil, spud hunting!

Comment

p.s. If you have the name of the variety, go to any spud sellers' website and they'll have the varieties categorised.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X