courgette probs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kimbo View Post
    I found two of mine from the greenhouse have been got at by those b****y slugs, they havent touched the leaves just eaten half way through the stem. I am off out to try and get some organic slug pellets or some garlic granules
    kimbo tbh if they are in the greenhouse why not just use norm slug pellets iv tryed loads of organic granules and have to say they arnt really that good . copper strips ,slugtraps with beer or yeast seems to work
    Blog

Hythe kent allotments

Comment

I put sticky copper strips around my pots of lettuce and spinach last weekend and that seems to have done the trick - so far at least! Won't help with things in the ground or greenhouse, but give it a go on pots and tubs for sure.
      Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Originally posted by davefromthechipie View Post
        kimbo tbh if they are in the greenhouse why not just use norm slug pellets iv tryed loads of organic granules and have to say they arnt really that good . copper strips ,slugtraps with beer or yeast seems to work
        I am trying my best not to use slug pellets as I want to enourage wildlife into the garden to do the job for me and unfortunately if the slugs go off to die and a bird or hedgehog eats them then they are contaminated.

I have used copper tape round some of my raised beds and it works a treat but works out quite expensive.

Have tried vaseline on some pots and this seems to work ok - have to nip out to the pound shop and stock up on vaseline I think (only problem is very messy when trying to move the pots).

Comment

Do you smear the whole pot or just put a thick band around the middle coz the latter should work

Comment

Originally posted by TEB View Post
            Do you smear the whole pot or just put a thick band around the middle coz the latter should work
            a thick band around the middle.

Comment

Vaseline sounds a hell of a lot cheaper than copper strips - mental note to buy a big tub!!
              Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Just been round to a friends to see how the courgette plants are getting on that I gave him........my Gawd! !! They look way better than mine - all the leaves are a nice healthy green, they've grown loads. Mine just look like they've been left out to dry! I'm watering them daily and there is smaller growth happening near to the main stem, but still.... dried edges, yellowing of leaves, slow (if any) growth.

Looking forward to getting them in the ground now - after I've built my own little Fort Knox around their new home of course!
                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X