No announcement yet.

What brand seeds do you use and why?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have successes and failures with all brands of seeds, so you pays yer money and hopes for the best.
    Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

I end up with lots of different brands (except Thomson & Morgan which I refuse to buy ever since I fell out with their customer service) as my local garden centre has a 50p sale every summer on all their seed packets and I end up buying far too many. There are a few varieties which I will go out of my way to get however and will even pay full price for.

Comment

I am not really fussy particularly as I am a bit of a novice, it's not the seeds that are usually the problem in my case it's more often than not me

My cucumbers were a bit of a problem last year with some sort of disease but they have been very good this year disease free with the same seeds from the same source.

Main problem is more germinate than I expect overwhelming me, don't think I have ever had a aubergine yet, but I don't like them anyway, maybe they realise this!!

Comment

Lol Esbo .. I don't think that the aubergines actually know this ... of course not ... else my own wouldn't be growing so well Haha

The seeds I use tend to come from far and wide and a few seed swaps too, but this year I got my main ones from the organic gardening cat. and an organic seller on ebay. I have had a very high success rate on germination - crazy good just like Esbo and the main problem then is keeping all of them in the right way and place, into maturity as I am still learning.

Comment

I use premier seeds direct online, they r very reliable and good price

Comment

I use a wide variety, branded, saved and swapped - I am a bit of a sucker for a bargain. I probably should be banned from seed shopping. I also read too much on here. Last night I read something on about Maskotka Tomatoes and early ripening. Next thing you know I am on ebay and they've been ordered - oops.

I am a bit tight, but the lure of Collective Farm Woman melons on Real Seeds might have me placing another order.
              While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

I use T&M because you can trade in Tesco's Club Card vouchers for purchases. For £5 in Tescos vouchers you get £15 back in T&M goods. My last purchase of £65 I actually paid just £10.66. 3 vouchers, two £5 free vouchers and some money off offers. I've done this three times so I've saved some serious money
                Hey farmer farmer put away the D.D.T. Now give me spots on my apples but leave me the birds and the bees please!

Comment

Which ever is cheapest for the variety I want.
                  At the moment its been a lot from Premier Seeds on eBay

Comment

Mostly, Brown Envelope Seeds (Cork), Seedaholic, Future Forests (W Cork), Seeparade and Morevegs. Also, from T&M, B&Q, Lidl, B&M, Poundland, De Ree and VSP!
                    http://savinglives.ahar.ie/

Comment

I buy any make. Do like more vegs seeds though, like to support small retailers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X