Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marb, it seems to me that you are getting a less than warm response to your question. I guess when you bookmarked that page it was active, but now it isnt, the fact that it still worked is a programing issue and not your fault in the least.
    People do have short memoories, it hasnt been that good overall this year, it started with the possibility of a hose pie ban, then it rained freezing rain until June, then it went extreemley hot. I still had my central heating on in mid may!!!!
    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by Marb67 View Post
      The light is a few hours in the summer and less in winter but I am thinking of perhaps putting reflecting mirrors or something on the walls to boost light. It could work !
      If you only have a few hours of light during the summer, perhaps you should concentrate on growing veg that tolerate shade. I have a similar problem because I have so many trees in the garden casting shade and have found, by trial and error, what is likely to survive. For me, the light levels improve in winter because the trees shed their leaves and open up the ground to the sunlight.
      Unfortunately, there is little point in expending time and money trying to grow plants that have little chance of thriving when the location is wrong...............
      and it would be worth you checking your PH levels

Comment

I acknowledge there was a cold start to the year, first time I have ever had to put an electric heater in my GH.

But having fought through that cold period, when the year got going around here it produced bumper crops, some of the best I can remember in over 20 years.

Potty
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
          Marb, it seems to me that you are getting a less than warm response to your question. I guess when you bookmarked that page it was active, but now it isnt, the fact that it still worked is a programing issue and not your fault in the least.
          People do have short memoories, it hasnt been that good overall this year, it started with the possibility of a hose pie ban, then it rained freezing rain until June, then it went extreemley hot. I still had my central heating on in mid may!!!!
          Do you have custard with your hose pie? (smiley thingy)

Don't think people have short memories at all. We've all acknowledged the cold start though I don't recall a threatened hose pipe ban in my area. Try telling the plants that it's been a poor season. Late yes, but poor, not if you did things correctly like putting plants that like sun in the sun for example.
          Last edited by Four Seasons; 29-09-2013, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Pie/ pipe (damn predictive text is my excuse)

Lol I think my wife was the one to ban the pies due to my diabetes. We had threats of a hose pipe ban in Devon. It was extremley dry until it was wet lol. Yes July and August were awesome but think how good it would have been with a perfect spring too.
            photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Marb, I remember you posted some photos of your garden a while back - your flowers looked wonderful and healthy so I doubt there's much wrong with the soil.
              I'd agree with those on here who've suggested the lack of light may be your main problem. I spent many years trying to grow veg in my small, shaded garden, and was so frustrated with the weak spindly plants. Since getting an allotment a couple of years ago I've been amazed at the difference that light and space can make to growing veg.
              I appreciate that you can't make a garden bigger or sunnier - as others have said, it might be a matter of sticking with the veg which are suited to your conditions. Better still, do you have any allotment sites nearby?

Comment

Ok, hands up I now see what you mean. Yes it could be interpreted as I don't know what PH is so sorry for that. My mistake 100% humble pie being eaten as I write.

There is no way my websites bookmarked automatically tell me that the site is no longer there on my ipad but if there is please let me know. To be fair, I clicked on it and it took me to the page. If it no longer exists why did it let me post ? I didn't see any message saying "this page is no longer live"

As for feeding etc I do mulch the soil with compost made from my waste bin. I also feed its seaweed, chicken manure and blood fish and bone whenever required. The light is a few hours in the summer and less in winter but I am thinking of perhaps putting reflecting mirrors or something on the walls to boost light. It could work !
                I'm just saying that the board can no longer be seen. You can because you have bookmarked it. That's why I said 'could you please unbookmark the board as it isn't there any more and then people won't ask you why you posted it on something that doesn't show up on the main site any more. Thanks.' But if you don't want to then you may wonder why people can't see your post. If you want answers to your questions then it will help if people can see them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                  I know. I innocently posted on a legit site and got treated like Bradley Manning ;-)

Comment

I know. I innocently posted on a legit site and got treated like Bradley Manning ;-)
                    No, you asked for assistance, got some help and were sarcastic back to people even when they were trying to help you.

Comment

Where was the sarcasm, I seem to have missed something. Looks like a person who made a genuine mistake to me. Who's getting persecuted.......

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfingerpaula View Post
                        Where was the sarcasm, I seem to have missed something. Looks like a person who made a genuine mistake to me. Who's getting persecuted.......
                        Persecuted. Really?

Comment

C'mon guys, maybe a line should be drawn under this.
                          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                          -----------------------------------------------------------
                          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I just don't like to see people being spoken to like they're idiots.......

Comment

It's all down to perseption Paula, that's the problem with forums, they can be easily missinterpreted.
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I agree with BM. Wires are being crossed here and its uncomfortable.
                                This is a friendly helpful forum - the best there is - let's not spoil it please.
                                Can we close the thread - the questions have been answered and its now up to the OP to consider the advice given.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X