Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomato: bush or not?

Hello!

Could someone let me know if Gardeners Delight are a bush variety or not?

I'm a bit confused. Last year we grew the free tomato seeds that came with GYO. They were cherries, can't remember what type, but they were great as we planeted them in big pots as we haven't much room and the sort of railed over the sides.

Everywhere recommends Gardeners Delight so thought we'd try them this year. As they are cherries I just presumed that they were bush! Last years were the first I ever grown.

I thinking now that they're not. Could someone put me straight so we know where to plant them.

Thanks
    http://www.gommgomm.com/blog/

Please tell me this, do you remove all side shoots other than the main stem??? I am confused about this one. At what stage do you start to remove shoots???

Thanks
    Sam

Comment

Hi Sam,
      for the cordon types you will get the main stem and then leaf stems coming off this and then you get another stem thats grow from the join of where the leaf stem grows out of the main stem, this is what you nip out, you nip it out when its big enough to pinch safely without damaging the rest of the plant

Comment

Ellasmum - have a look at this thread, it might help.

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...don#post101415

Comment

Originally posted by Ellasmum View Post
          Please tell me this, do you remove all side shoots other than the main stem??? I am confused about this one. At what stage do you start to remove shoots???

Thanks
          Sam
          Im a dab hand with ms paint btw its ment to be a tomato plant
          Attached Files
          Blog

Hythe kent allotments

Comment

Originally posted by forkinweeds View Post
            Hello!

Could someone let me know if Gardeners Delight are a bush variety or not?

I'm a bit confused. Last year we grew the free tomato seeds that came with GYO. They were cherries, can't remember what type, but they were great as we planeted them in big pots as we haven't much room and the sort of railed over the sides.

Everywhere recommends Gardeners Delight so thought we'd try them this year. As they are cherries I just presumed that they were bush! Last years were the first I ever grown.

I thinking now that they're not. Could someone put me straight so we know where to plant them.

Thanks
            you will love Gardeners Delights nice size crop and sweet . you do need to remove side shoots as Lesley said .
            Blog

Hythe kent allotments

Comment

Originally posted by davefromthechipie View Post
              Im a dab hand with ms paint btw its ment to be a tomato plant
              That should have been posted after the 21.00 watershed

Comment

Dave - good work with paintbrush, but...

I am not sure about your "keepers" - what are they??

Comment

Thanks all, got it now.

Sam

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X