• Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Plan your 4' wide beds towards the fence with narrow paths in between & grow your rasps at the end of each bed against the fence then you are not walking on the soil to get to them.......we seem to be mixing 2 threads together.
        Last edited by Bigmallly; 26-11-2013, 07:00 AM.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
          Plan your 4' wide beds towards the fence with narrow paths in between & grow your rasps at the end of each bed against the fence then you are not walking on the soil to get to them.......we seem to be mixing 2 threads together.
          Hi Mal

I've two issues I can't resolve in my head the first to create as screen on fence next to road - how and what with

Second is I've lots of raspberry chances and not sure we're to replant them

Third issue is weird shape (sail like) how best to. Deal with it

As you know I'm going to have raised beds just unsure do I go for 5 each side - going across and if so do I go for the whole length of the ground available or shorter and I've allowed for paths in between

Comment

I'm having difficulty imagining the shape of your plot. Any chance you could draw up a plan, marking NSEW on it and any permanent structures like fences or sheds that cast shade.
            You may be over-thinking the problem!!!

Comment

Are you likely to have a problem with unwanted people getting onto your plot from roadside ? If that is a possibility, maybe think of something prickly, blackberries, or something just to make entrance harder.

My plot is an odd shape, I've just kind of developed it, started with one main path, built fruit cage around the fruit! That kind of thing, and I keep changing, to accommodate what I'm planting. Hope to make a few raised beds this winter, but they will be different sizes, to get round tree stumps etc.
              DottyR

Comment

Originally posted by vegboi View Post
                Thanks John my next problem is where to plant them I'm having problems with the odd shape. I need to decide today to order my raised beds do I grow them up the fence as I would like to create a screen?
                If you're unsure what to do don't go buying wood for your raised beds just yet instead mark out your beds with string then, you can always make the beds raised later on when you're happy with how your layouts worked out.
                My beds aren't raised they're sort of mounds with paths in between but then I'm growing in my back garden not on an allotment.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  I'm having difficulty imagining the shape of your plot. Any chance you could draw up a plan, marking NSEW on it and any permanent structures like fences or sheds that cast shade.
                  You may be over-thinking the problem!!!
                  Morning veggie chicken

Your probably right just don't want to get it wrong

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                    If you're unsure what to do don't go buying wood for your raised beds just yet instead mark out your beds with string then, you can always make the beds raised later on when you're happy with how your layouts worked out.
                    My beds aren't raised they're sort of mounds with paths in between but then I'm growing in my back garden not on an allotment.
                    I know your right just everyone ended plots look interesting and carry your eye round mine will just be two side if raised beds . Boring and un interesting

Comment

Have you decided where your GH is going?

Next Spring/summer when all your veggies are growing no one will be looking at the layout of your plot, can assure you.
                      DottyR

Comment

Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
                        Have you decided where your GH is going?

Next Spring/summer when all your veggies are growing no one will be looking at the layout of your plot, can assure you.
                        Morning Dorothy

Yes she'd greenhouse have to erected in same place as the old ones . On that topic I wanted to have them facing onto plot but others have them facing each other to walk straight in n out of each other , which would be best?

Then i have the two big beds each side as you can see from pics

Just scared of messing up and being laughed at

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

No one is going to laugh at you. I don't even have a GH, so cant advise. Maybe that should go up first, then a path ? I've just taken up one of my paths, cos decided it was covering better ground that shud be used for growing! If you have raspberry canes, you'll need to make some kind of cage/ protection for them, cos the birds will have them. Are they now in position? You cud maybe start with these things, see how it looks. What are your Lottie neighbours like? We all got ours as new plots, so have learnt and made mistakes together, all nice people.
                          DottyR

Comment

How about growing a low hedge round the outside of the 'sail' section? It would take a couple of years to get going, but would provide a bit of privacy. You could use something that flowers to attract insects, and even something that will provide fruit of some sort?
                            He-Pep!

Comment

Originally posted by vegboi View Post
                              Yes shed & greenhouse have to be erected in same place as the old ones .
                              Don't forget to leave room for the water butts...............
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

............and the compost bins..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X