Garlic.... Is it OK?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garlic.... Is it OK?

My autumn planted garlic is starting to look a bit odd. It's as if it's got a rust type stuff on the leaves. I thought it was just ripening but I'm not sure now. The leaves are going light golden as they dry but with a brown marking on them.
    Is it normal or have they got something? If they've got something would it be OK to harvest them to save the bulbs or not.

If your garlic does have rust Nicky, you can find some info here. Doesn't seem to be too serious.
    Rust
    I wouldn't dig them up. There might not be any bulbs yet. It's from now til July the bulbs get growing. Hope your plants are OK.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

My garlic has rust too. They have formed nice sized bulbs tho so hopefully they will be ok. They just look a bit pants.

Comment

I read some ware i forget now once garlic starts to go brown it is ready if it was autumn planted as mine was it is readyif you leave it in the ground to long the bulb shrinks i dug my Solent early last sunday for that reason it was planted 2nd week september the Elephant garlic will be very soon i cut all of the flowers 2weeks ago hope this helps jacob
        What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
        Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Take it you were happy with your Solent Jacob . Well done.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
            Take it you were happy with your Solent Jacob . Well done.
            I have been for 6 years my son went on a cricket tour to IOW and payed for a collection the solent and elephant and the French shallots are the only ones left the others just faded away .
            jacob
            What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
            Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X