Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howay then. Whats everyone sowing over the christmas period?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a cold greenhouse would be fine. They'll need a bit of heat, prior to that, to germinate (obviously light not an issue for that bit so airing cupboard would do). 10-15C for germination and no higher (according to Joy Larkcom ) than 13C thereafter until they are planted out.
    K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Thanks Martin and Kristen for asking and answering my next question
      http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Have got some winter gem lettuce and catnip underway in the propagator

Comment

Don't forget herbs - things like parsley*, chervil, basil, coriander etc can be sown all year round and grown indoors over winter. They will grow on a windowsill.

* if you can get the b... stuff to germinate!
          Last edited by Penellype; 23-12-2014, 03:21 PM.
          A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Brunswick onions yesterday going to try and grow as a bunch in a plastic mushroom container and seperate out to plant out as transplants later

Comment

When you say "onions are boxing day" - which i have heard elsewhere - are you talking about seeds? I have started some seeds off today (F1 Santero) in a propagator, but wasn't sure if I can plant sets too. They seem to be readily available in the shops.

Comment

Yes, it's seeds Lizz, sets go out in spring.
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I'm going to riffle through the seed tins this weekend, make some fresh spreadsheets of what I've got and when to sow, then I'm going to sit firmly on my hands till the end of February.

(Fingers crossed!)
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

I'm trying hard to sit on my hands but things keep tempting me. Already managed to sow some leeks and buy some seed potatoes today, and I'm looking longingly at the strawberry plants and various seeds in the Marshalls catalogue. Planning where to put things is making me worse
                    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X