Seed beds, disturbance.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUFFS View Post
    I was told 30 odd years ago that the best way to keep cats off your veg patch was to sprinkle male urine around the sides of the area, cats will then give it a wide berth, it has worked for me all this time, never spent a penny (no pun intended) on commercial products to do this job, other half does say that I spend my days p...... around in the garden, little does she know.......
    Funnily enough i was told by a game keeper that whenever he discovered a pheasants nest he would piddle round it in a wide circle and it guaranteed that the fox wouldnt go near it! So if your in the woods and see a bloke running round in circles waving his appendage you will know whats afoot, well it wont be a foot but you know what I mean.
    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

I've got major animal digging issues, cats foxes and squirrels.
      What I have found very effective is I put sections of "wire fencing" down where I have prepped the soil.
      Photo attached of the type of fencing

It lets the plants dig through - the cats dont seem to like to walk on it so no presents left on top, then I either let the plants grow though it - or pick it up off, once the plants are through ( the animals seem to only want to dig in the bare ground, not where the plants are growing)

I've got it cut into 1.2 meter lengths to fit a strip of the raised beds, so it's easy to move about.

As a side benefit - it is a great grid for spacing when planting seeds.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        You can get arrested for that!
        I don't stand there playing hosepipes , I "decant" it indoors (in the shed) first, I
        wouldn't want any aging maidens fainting as they go past as veg patch is on the side of the front garden...:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X