Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radish will be edible on about ten days

Comment

Rhubarb, leeks, spring cabbage, PSB, salad greens, pea shoots, parsley (flat leaf), chervil.
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Looks like strawberries might be my first thing to pick... I had no idea they flowered so early... am I getting my hopes up unnecessarily?

Attached Files

Comment

They can flower early - make sure you protect them if frost is forecast as if they get cold the centres of the flowers will go black and will not turn into fruit.
          A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Sweet pepper, windowsill grown, there's another just starting to turn red and 2 more still green.

Interesting thing, it's warmth that turns them red, not sun, because although the plant is on a sunny south windowsill, the pepper started turning red on the room side first (it's above a radiator),not the window side, which I expected.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

When did you start those off? My pepper seedlings are nowhere near fruiting!

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
              My allotment and cooking blog.

Comment

Picked my first spring cabbage yesterday, about a month earlier than last year too

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I don't count overwintered crops like leeks, etc. as they are not really this year's. Other than that I've had rhubarb, chives, wild garlic, a few salad leaves and an abundance of mustard & cress. First spuds should be ready in 3 or 4 weeks and radishes are starting to thicken.

Comment

Picked our first globe artichoke today - big enough to share as a starter but small enough not to have a choke.
                    Last edited by PyreneesPlot; 14-04-2014, 09:17 PM.
                    Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Had a chomp on some radish with the kids. the joy of just getting something from your garden that you have made grow is unreal.

Comment

Have had a few radishes to put in our sandwiches, my greenhouse must be as warm as France. Also some lettuce leaves and pak choi. Anything else was sown last year.

Comment

Just harvested a couple of over wintered peppers .Have eaten a lot of very tasty mizuna and garlic chives.Green salads with coriander,parsley etc have been good and frequent.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Radishes for me too! I should have some rocket spuds ready in a couple of weeks. Earliest ever for me...
                            Hussar!

Comment

my little boy pulled up one of our radish, I cleaned it up he ate it and said it was oh so lovely (he's 2)

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                              Attached Files

Comment

Had my first strawberry about two weeks ago.
                                Benefits of being in the south and having some in the greenhouse

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X