No announcement yet.

Picked my first................2014

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes Dorothy just one per bucket, another 9 buckets left - not a bad return for a bag of £1 seed potatoes! .. If they're all as good as that one anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
    Last edited by Cr071; 01-06-2014, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Huge radishes, of the 'German Salad' variety from Suttons. Love these sliced into a stir fry, along with the chopped off flower tops from onions which've started to bolt.

Attached Files
      My blog: www.grow-veg.uk

@Grow_Veg_UK

Comment

• The Sutton - broad beans

Carrie

Comment

• My first raspberries!

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app
          Attached Files

Comment

• One lovely big red tomato from this year's seed, and 2 turnips from under the veggiemesh with NO cabbage root fly damage!
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• "Spring onions" actually the bulbils from the top of our egyptian walking onions, very tasty! Milder than spring onions but lovely dipped in salt with a bit of cheese!
              Follow my progress in gardening at altitude in France www.750metres.net

Comment

• Broad bean tops to go in a stir fry.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Just had to have a little dig at the first earlies (foremost) as they have been planted for 9 weeks now.

Not too many yet but I'm sure they will taste nice.

Best of all I've got 4 rows of them.

I also spotted 3 perfect nearly ripe strawberries................tomorrow!!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Picked my first Bijou mangetout (not just one but a big handful) and a Hispi cabbage.
                    Eaten steamed with some Rocket potatoes picked a few days ago.
                    So satisfying when all the veg on your plate has spent its whole life only a few footsteps away from the kitchen

Comment

• Strawberries. Been watching these beauties ripening very very very slowly over the past 2 weeks, and today they looked like this:

Bloody rain

I ate the red bits anyway.
                      Attached Files
                      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• My first little gem lettuce, lovely size for us two, and tasty
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Picked my first courgette of the year this morning.

8 Ball variety.

It is around 4 inches in diameter.

I am going to attempt to stuff it later!

This was grown from seed, courtesy of the VSP!!!!!!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by chilli_grower; 08-06-2014, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Strawberries yesterday and oh my home grown really is the yummiest one very happy toddler picked all the ripe ones and a few not so ripe and we still have loads left growing

Comment

• Peas (meteor) - enough for a handful of shelled peas. I love fresh garden peas, one of the treats of the garden

Comment

• First mangetout and first haricot yesterday (raw whilst walking round the garden) and first proper serving of both today. First turnips today, too. Sunday dinner blow-out
                                Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X