No announcement yet.

Sad to see it go

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The garden itself is 40 foot by 20. Most of it is hard landscaped apart from 4 large beds and small borders. I also have a small but useful front garden which I'm using as we'll.I' ll certainly have a look at the site- any info is welcomed! Also like the idea of vertical planting !

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum
    Last edited by raine; 28-05-2014, 05:24 PM.

Comment

There is nothing finer in hanging baskets than tomatoes or strawberries.

I have yet to find something that won't grow in a container of some sort or an other and with a little squeezing its surprising how much you can grow.

My mate TK is a prime example of this train of thought. A few onion seeds less than a square metre of growing area and Bobs your auntie.
      Attached Files
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I have recently returned to this site (had to reset my password). I have returned from summer hols to an allotment that resembles a jungle again. Working 3 days a week leaves me little time to get there (weather dependant) and it is a 10 min drive each way. We have recently acquired more garden space by selling the kids swing frame. So the question is do I struggle on with an allotment that is a bit too big and has a hedge alongside that I also have to look after or do we convert the area of garden that is approx. 1/8 of the size. Any replies advice appreciated. The allotment was my 40th birthday present from my hubby and I have had it 10 years (you can do the maths) and it is not an easy decision

Comment

There was another thread on here recently Slooky...with the same dilemma. The plot became more a hardship than an enjoyment, look atat potty's profile and see if he has any photos on there. He manages to have a huge crop every year in his garden. 20mins travelling time can be 20 mins sowing time at home.

Comment

Slooky, I've got loads of space, but even here, the back garden doesn't get nearly as well looked after as the front. And don't even ask about the far side garden!

I think it really does help to have things close by. When you enjoy the gardening more, you enjoy the end result more too.

Life's full of changes, and I think if you look at what you can do with that is different you keep on enjoying life more. When you don't take a step out into the unknown garden, then you start to get stale and are always wondering: Should I have?

Then again, depends whether you are someone who hates change with a vengeance
            Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
              I have to say it is very handy having your plot in the garden and you can do a lot in a small space. You have more security and no one to tell you what or what not to do.
              Bill HH, no one to tell you what to do, are you married? or like me and switch the hearing aid off...

I had to make raised beds as back problems meant ending up face first in the soil trying to work at ground level and now I can sit on the side of one while working on the next one, so no more climbing beans...
              Last edited by veggiechicken; 17-09-2014, 11:44 AM. Reason: Fixing quote ;)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X