Newbie greenhouse help please.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Penellype View Post
    Where did you get the square quadgrow from? I can only find the quadgrow slim, which is too long for the spaces I have available. I'd love one of those square ones.

Your arrangement sounds fine, although you may still need to shade if the greenhouse is in full sun. I grew shirley in a fairly shady greenhouse last year but they still managed to get a bit scorched when it was very sunny.

I'd try yellow sticky traps for the pests - they won't catch them all but may help keep numbers down.
    Hi it came from greenhouse sensation it is the potato and root veg planter.

I have bought those sticky rolled up fly tapes for this year, but I may make a ladybird trap and collect some ladybirds for the GH.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan79 View Post
      That does look really nice. Shame it didn't work as well as you hoped last year. Which greenhouse is that and how much did it cost (if you don't mind me asking)?
      It came from greenhousepeople.co.uk it was about £900 but I had to build the base and assemble it myself it's a 6x8 castle Penrith.

Comment

I
        Originally posted by Kristen View Post
        Sounds fine to me, that's how I have my vine. It will provide quite a lot of shade to plants underneath, once it has grown along the greenhouse roof.

I only grow early French beans in the greenhouse, once the outdoor ones take over they are replaced with a "main" greenhouse crop - but I grow in greenhouse borders, so I can plant next-crop between the beans and then pull the beans out once the outdoors ones start cropping.
        Do you think the cucumbers should on the south side and get the most sun or the tomato's?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X