Cure onions before braiding?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alison View Post
    Is it just me or us it very early to be lifting main crop onions for storage?
    Yes. So far I've only lifted the overwintered ones. I'm hoping they will keep till Xmas now that they are properly ripened.
    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

All my spring planted onions have gone over, and are a great size. It is early I agree, but a strange year for weather so I expect the unexpected ......

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

I've just watched Monty Don on Gardeners World harvesting shallots while still green and putting them out to dry in a soil sieve balanced on posts. I can't see any good reason why this wouldn't work equally well with onions, although I might be wrong. Any thoughts?
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

I would think while the leaves are still green they should be left in the ground even if they are horizontal.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X