X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not supposed to get us till Sunday, we'll see
    Nannys make memories

Comment

Been raining here steady for two hours, but not a drop of wind, not rained like this for ages, I don't know what to do with myself!! Friday evenings are meant to be for a nice cold beer or glass of wine sat on the patio admiring the garden!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Nothing down here in Carmarthenshire. Its very warm, dry, cloudy and just a ruffle of breeze in the trees.
        Forecast seems to be for heavy overnight rain Saturday night - must check my seaweed

Comment

Won't get here 'til Sunday but it seems it'll be the South that cops it - whichever path it takes

BBC Weather - Ex-hurricane Bertha tracks towards UK

Comment

Local radio has just said 30% chance for North Hampshire. Likely track now expected across Sussex and Kent so thats likely to mean anywhere from Lands End to to Margate

Comment

Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
              Not supposed to get us till Sunday, we'll see
              2 minutes after I posted this, it starting raining. Hasn't stopped yet .....
              Nannys make memories

Comment

I noticed yesterday that my runner bean wigwam is coming apart. I'd better get down to the plot and fix it tomorrow before the wind comes, or it will be flattened.
                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Very still here. Even the big conifer I can see is totally still and even out the front window nothing is moving. Bit odd that as something is always moving about.
                  Will have to lash the greenhouse down well tomorrow.
                  sigpic

Comment

Lashing down even harder now, has been pouring for the last hour plus
                    Nannys make memories

Comment

We had 28mm of rain last night and this morning but no wind yet. Could get a bit breezy on Sunday.
                      Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Proper deluge here this evening with thunder and lightning mixed in, but nothing to do with Bertha. There is still vast uncertainty about the severity and track of the storm and probably will be until shortly before it arrives. Most of the more recent models do have it tracking further north though with very wet and windy weather probably affecting most of the UK on Sunday. I doubt it will be anything like as bad as what we had last winter, but following on after today's rain which has already flooded some places, it is not good news.
                        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Just been out clearing fallen branches from the road, although as not a single car has gone by for a couple of hours there may be a tree or two down between us and the next village, 4km of forest away.
                          Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

No rain or thunder etc here yet but some fantastic clouds coming in from the west and heading straight for me. So impressive and constantly changing. I can't stop cloud watching, These were taken about 5 minutes ago.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Clouds are fascinating. I've been watching the rain radar on raintoday.co.uk to track this evening's storms. They bubble up out of nowhere on days like today. At one point there was a line of torrential rain between Nottingham and Leeds. Half an hour earlier there was hardly anything of note south of Sheffield.
                              A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Yep we had a fantastic thunder storm, spent half an hour sat on the edge of my bed just watching the lightening it was a great show.
                                Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X