This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chris View Post
    Are the plumb ones those purple chinese ones?

These ones are huge beefstake jobbies.. Massive plants, laden with fruit. I've had to sacrifice a lot - but have them on the windowsil, hopefully they'll ripen up).
    I'm desperate to know what they are. I love my Amish Paste but they always seem to have very "woody" tops and alternative would be great to try.
    "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

I've some just ripe - will be eating them this weekend - if they're good I'll save the seed (thigh no doubt bm has more seed !)

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

I've some just ripe - will be eating them this weekend - if they're good I'll save the seed (thigh no doubt bm has more seed !)
        You are on! I'll swap fro some golden sunrise if you like.

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Are there any larger tomatoes that are similar in taste to cherry tomatoes such as Gardeners delight or Sungold?

Comment

Originally posted by marchogaeth View Post
            You are on! I'll swap fro some golden sunrise if you like.
            I've loads of golden sunrise thanks but am happy to send some up anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Are the plumb ones those purple chinese ones?

These ones are huge beefstake jobbies.. Massive plants, laden with fruit. I've had to sacrifice a lot - but have them on the windowsil, hopefully they'll ripen up).
              If memory serves me right, I think they are Costoluto Fiorantino. The label may say Mammoth cos I couldn't fit it on......................
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Chadwick's cherries are tasting lovely. A friend brought me the seed back from the states but I see that it is available over here, too. They are quite big for cherries, definitely my nicest looking trusses so far.

Comment

Thanks all, very helpful. Sweet Aperitif is on my list for next year, and it's not an F1, even better. Looks like there are several worth trying over the next year or two. I'm not sure if I will try one of the bush varieties mentioned, I'm not keen on watering things in pots!

Comment

Originally posted by ButternutSquash View Post
                    Thanks all, very helpful. Sweet Aperitif is on my list for next year, and it's not an F1,
                    According to T&M it is an F1, so I'm confused now

Tomato 'Sweet Aperitif' F1 Hybrid - Tomato Seeds - Thompson & Morgan

Comment

Then I guess it must be. I checked lots of sellers, none said F1, so I assumed it wasn't. How odd. I can't imagine F1 and non F1 forms of the same strain. Perhaps sellers think F1 is best not mentioned.

Comment

I know it's been an exceptional year for my tomatoes but I will definitely grow Black Sea man next year both for the flavour and quantity

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                        don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                        remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Yes a fantastic crop of those this year, from just 2 plants

Comment

Sweet Aperatif isn't an F1, I originally got mine from realseeds.

I have grown them for the past three years, lots and lots if really sweet cherry toms that everyone who tries them loves.

This years crop is from my own seeds saved from last year.

Thoroughly recommended

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

What im planning for next year, ive been looking up various taste tests etc

Sungold -done really well for me this year, a good banker
                              Floridity - read it won RHS taste test plus seems a good cropper
                              Egyption
                              Black cherry
                              Ailsa Craig

Also been looking for really early tomoatoes and found a couple
                              Latah - very early outdoor bush
                              Fireworks
                              Last edited by maverick451; 19-08-2014, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ButternutSquash View Post
                                Then I guess it must be. I checked lots of sellers, none said F1, so I assumed it wasn't. How odd. I can't imagine F1 and non F1 forms of the same strain. Perhaps sellers think F1 is best not mentioned.
                                I was confused about this earlier this year and someone posted that sellers have to say if a plant is F1. If you are finding conflicting info it would be worth checking with the supplier, I should think.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X