This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marchogaeth View Post
    I was confused about this earlier this year and someone posted that sellers have to say if a plant is F1. If you are finding conflicting info it would be worth checking with the supplier, I should think.
    According to this source it is open pollinated:

Plant of the week: Tomato 'Sweet Aperitif' | Life and style | The Guardian

The mystery deepens. I'll contact T&M.

Comment

Charles Dowding says it's f1 as well
      Buying Seed | www.charlesdowding.co.uk

It needs sorting out!

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
        It needs sorting out!

DTBrown & plants of distinction both say otherwise....

Comment

Buying Seed | www.charlesdowding.co.uk

It needs sorting out!
          Then sort it out yourself rather than doing the online equivalent of shouting at others and doing nothing.

Comment

Errr - excuse me for joining in the conversation

It wasn't me that wanted to grow it............................

Comment

Originally posted by snakeshack View Post
              I know it's been an exceptional year for my tomatoes but I will definitely grow Black Sea man next year both for the flavour and quantity

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
              I'm going to grow these next year on your recommendation. No pressure lol
              Bex

Comment

Errr - excuse me for joining in the conversation

It wasn't me that wanted to grow it............................
                Why say "It needs sorting out" in a rather imperious and aggressive manner, when in my earlier post I have said that i am contacting T&M? And why post that someone else says it is F1, when I have already said that there is conflicting information online? I find your tone aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by ButternutSquash View Post
                  Why say "It needs sorting out" in a rather imperious and aggressive manner, when in my earlier post I have said that i am contacting T&M? And why post that someone else says it is F1, when I have already said that there is conflicting information online? I find your tone aggressive.
                  I'm sorry if you think that, I'm not like that at all.
                  I think that is reading too much into a single line of type - which in no way reflects my attitude to you or the matter we're discussing.

I think it is the suppliers that need to sort their information out....

Comment

I agree with Thelma - the seed retailers need to be consistent and accurate with their descriptions. I don't place much reliance on some of the large seed retailer's knowledge - many of them just buy in seed and have it packaged under their name.
                    Good luck with T&M, Butternut Squash. I hope you'll put their reply up here for us to read.

Comment

We used to grow Sungold when we had a greenhouse in the UK...and I have to agree with BS that the flavour is exceptional!
                      I can quite honestly say that I don't think any of them made it home from the allotment!!
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I think it is the suppliers that need to sort their information out....
                        Yes, and hopefully I will get a reply from T&M.

Comment

Originally posted by ButternutSquash View Post
                          Then sort it out yourself rather than doing the online equivalent of shouting at others and doing nothing.
                          Ouch!...........That was a bit uncalled for BS. I think Thelma was relating to the suppliers to sort it out. There is nothing you, I or any grape can do to resolve the confusion apart from contacting various suppliers which I know you are in the processes of doing.
                          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                          -----------------------------------------------------------
                          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            We used to grow Sungold when we had a greenhouse in the UK...and I have to agree with BS that the flavour is exceptional!
                            Am I the only person that thinks Sungold are over rated? Nowhere near enough acidity and proper old fashioned tomato taste but I don't really have a sweet tooth and they're famed for their sweetness.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                              Ouch!...........That was a bit uncalled for BS. I think Thelma was relating to the suppliers to sort it out. There is nothing you, I or any grape can do to resolve the confusion apart from contacting various suppliers which I know you are in the processes of doing.
                              Actually I thought Thelma's comment was uncalled for. I thought it was directed at me, not the suppliers. It came across as quite aggressive. I can see that if you read it as intended, then it isn't.

Comment

Is that an apology for your aggressive comments at Thelma Sanders, Butternut Squash?
                                If so perhaps we can get back to talking about tomatoes instead of throwing rotten ones at each other.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X