No announcement yet.

Micro salad failure

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The intention is to grow it tall so you have more to cut. Short is no good.

Comment

Originally posted by Marb67 View Post
      The intention is to grow it tall so you have more to cut. Short is no good.
      Micro greens are to be eaten small, not long after it's first few leaves have grown. Ideally 7-14 days. They've gone past it in your photo. If you want more to cut, don't bother with microveg!

Comment

What seeds are they?
        I've not grown microveg since early this year, but this is how I grow them.
        Have about 1 inch of soil/compost, sprinkle the seeds as you would cress (pretty thickly), water then cover with cling film or a lid and put in a windowsill.
        After a few days they should have sprouted and you can remove the lid/film.
        From here on in its best to water with a spray bottle so avoid overwatering and bending the plants.
        Depending on the variety its between 1 week and 4 before they are ready, really you want to sow batches every week (3-4 days for weeklies).

I found the best ones (for me) were beetroot/chard, radish, broccoli and of course cress varieties.
        Carrot, leeks/onions and most herbs take ages imo aren't worth the time/space.
        Sprouting alfalfa and other sprouting seeds is a great alternative.
        Peashoots are great as you can get 2 or 3 harvests off them (~1 month to for the first harvest then every 2 weeks), but not strictly micro.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X