Parsnips

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Terry!
    Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Thanks for all the help

Comment

By the way, by the time you see the effects of carrot fly in the foliage, I think it's too late - you can't actually do anything then.

Prevention (by covering with mesh, for example) is the only option. There is no cure.

Don't be unnecessarily concerned just yet, however - although carrot fly is endemic, you may be lucky. I am... so far.

I have to keep touching trees a lot, though

Comment

I just weeded my parsnips now, so the help has been appreciated.

Comment

I'm hoping that I've sown my main carrot crop late enough to avoid carrot fly, as the books tell me, so all fingers and toes crossed! Littlegreenman, good luck with your parsnips too.
            Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

moggsue. Dodgy as there is more than one generation of carrot fly in a season. I've never seen one but you find that the leaves go yellow and tinged pink. Fleece is the best protection, or grow your carrots in dustbins (they don't fly more than 20 inches from the ground) intercropping with onions and never leaving thinnings around also helps(they can smell carrots for miles). I'm growing a resistant variety this year don't know if they work.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X