No announcement yet.

Everyones must grow?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mines toms, courgettes, kale, lettuce, runner and serbian beans, leeks, lettuce, peas ...OK I'd better stop or I'll be listing everything.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

For me it's courgettes - they're just so easy and reliable.

Comment

Squashes for me, sweetcorn for OH, padron peppers for us both. Though it's a close call with pretty much everything else, which is why planning next year is so ruddy difficult! I need more space!
        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

If I was only allowed to grow one thing........gees it's a hard one but I would have to go for Sprouts, I think they are amazing plants.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

If I could only grow one thing it would be tomatoes, specifically Sungold, but also Shirley. But I would also not be without peas (Hurst Greeshaft), onions (Sturon), potatoes (Charlotte, Desiree), courgettes, leeks, broccoli and blueberry bushes. I could go on for rather a long time...
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Mine has to be Italian mixed lettuce leafs, I love the taste of them and Corno Di torro pepper, thats another good taste.

Same here Sparrow. I got loads of different seeds to try out next year but not enough space!
              Carrie

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM67 View Post
                MODS - surely trolling must be a banning offence!!!

Umm, what? I don't get this? Am I being dim?!
                The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Originally posted by Verinda View Post
                  Umm, what? I don't get this? Am I being dim?!
                  I think Kev was saying you were being nasty as you said carrots were easy lol that's the way I read it. I assume Kev struggles with carrots.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                  Bex

Comment

Oh yes, I wondered that, but surely carrots really are easy to grow...or maybe I'm an extra talented carrot grower! haha!
                    The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Originally posted by Verinda View Post
                      Oh yes, I wondered that, but surely carrots really are easy to grow...or maybe I'm an extra talented carrot grower! haha!
                      I think they are too but it does depend on your soil and if you bother to protect them from carrot root fly.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Verinda

I apologise - the post was just a bit of fun, with regards to the easiness of growing carrots.

I persevere every year with them, probably spend more time on trying to get the perfect bed for them, more than any of my other beds, yet - they always resemble Freddy Kreuger hands.
                        Last edited by KevinM67; 19-10-2014, 07:24 PM.
                        .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

If it's any consolation kev, I struggle with carrots too!...at least the fleece keeps off the root fly!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I struggled with carrots this year (heavy stoney soil) so I've built a 1m x 1m x 0.3m raised bed to try them in next year. All that for something I rarely eat.

This is my first full growing year so I haven't quite got a must list yet.

I've a small plot (5 & 2 half beds) but I will definitely be growing courgette, cucumber and 4 types of winter squash again next year. I also must do beans - runners, broad and French (not too keen on beans either) and will probably do calabrese (not one of my fave veg)

who says plant what you like? I've eaten more green beans and broccoli in the last few months than the previous 5 years.

Onions, shallots, leeks, kale and collards will be on the list (those I do like) and strawberries

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Must grow?...well apart from all those mentioned above, I have to say that whether you eat/like them, you just have to grow radish.....even if it's just to watch the first leaves of the year appearing on your plot/garden!
                              Last edited by Nicos; 19-10-2014, 07:41 PM.
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Squashes for me, tomatoes, chillis, peppers and cucumbers + anything else that makes it past the pests and will fit in our small plot. Always grow more than that, but those are essentials so to speak.
                                While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X