Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chopped down and removed brambles and other rubbish from an area on our plots where people had started to 'dump' their rubbish, inside of removing it from their plots. Then covered the area in chippings, looks 100% better. We are thinking ( well 2 of us are), that maybe we could find a small table or something and use this area to 'swap' spare plants/produce etc.

Feeling a bit Smug'!
    DottyR

Comment

• I finished the raised beds ive been putting together this week (in all weather )

2 4x4 foot beds and a 10x2 foot bed

During

Finished

Attached Files

Comment

• Built a third compost heap.
        Raked up a load of leaves and moss, etc
        Let the chooks onto the plot for a rummage

And!!!

Planted some leeks! (First planting of the season -yey!)

Comment

• Half dug (well me and Mr Lump) the last big bed - moved 3 large slabs (for my bench area) - measured out and put sticks in for spacings bed 3 - thank gosh I had a brainwave and decided that rather than use the tape measure I cut down 1 12in (x2) and 1 24in (x2) canes and used them for the spacing - so much better than getting whiplash with a metal tape measure. Planted some early carrots, radish and spinach (Polar Bear) into one of my pre-warmed garden containers and covered with cloches!
          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Potted up 6 blackcurrant 'cuttings' , that were doing really well, and then saw Lottie neighbour who had 2, the other ones I've put on the area I cleared yesterday, just remembered I forgot to label them, I'll do that tomorrow.

Barrowed a few loads of the leaf mulch from other site, and covered some of my beds and gave currant bushes a treat.

Sarpt and enjoyed feeling the warmth of the sun, lovely.
            DottyR

Comment

• Put the shed up yesterday and moved some of my bits and a shelving unit in there today. Was a lovely warm sunny day at the plot today with more people there then I have ever seen (since Jan anyway)

I really wanted to stay and get some digging done but I had my less than keen partner with me. So I came home and potted up my comfrey root cuttings and sowed seeds indoors for tomatos, cabbage, leeks, spring onions and planted up my garlic.

Comment

• Sorted out the chitting spuds into their lovely light but cold porch, must get some more
                Attached Files
                Nannys make memories

Comment

• Anybody get my pic up the right way please
                  Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                    Anybody get my pic up the right way please
                    Here y'are Sal:

Attached Files
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Managed to give all the tunnel beds a good covering of manure. Checked the temp by the pond ............... 20C..........
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Thanks BM, you're a star
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Luvly day for playing in the garden.
                          Planted some ornamental alliums and nerines in the rockery.
                          Potted up some freesia corms into terracotta pots. If they grow, and its a big if, I hope to bring them indoors when flowering, one pot at a time. I lurve the scent of freesias
                          Potted on 3 tiny rhubarb plants grown from seed last year. You can never have too many rhubarb plants - that's why I've just ordered 3 Autumn cropping "Livingston" plants. Been tempted by those for a few years - time to give in to temptation

Comment

• Finally got round to clearing out the deceased tomato and the cucamelons from the greenhouse, only to discover that the (damp squib) cucamelons have big tubery roots (much more impressive that most of the pictures I've seen online).

I've stuck 'em in smaller pots for now, and I'll see if I can get them going properly this year- last year they had loads of flowers, but they almost all just dropped off. I did have the greenhouse door open to let insects in, but maybe I should just try them outside. I did find a suggestion of putting them in a hanging basket, and I've just put a new bracket up for one, so that may be a plan.
                            My spiffy new lottie blog

Comment

• Not sure if I'm late or early! Put these seed potatoes out to begin chitting
                              Attached Files
                              View my Vines - Mostly stupid cats!

https://vine.co/u/1187553696746545152

Comment

• Originally posted by hamamelis View Post

I've stuck 'em in smaller pots for now, and I'll see if I can get them going properly this year- last year they had loads of flowers, but they almost all just dropped off. I did have the greenhouse door open to let insects in, but maybe I should just try them outside. I did find a suggestion of putting them in a hanging basket, and I've just put a new bracket up for one, so that may be a plan.
                                I had mine in a window box in the greenhouse, like yours the flowers kept falling off. I moved them outside and that solved the problem, I had more cucamelons than I could eat after that.
                                Last edited by veggiechicken; 08-02-2015, 07:02 PM. Reason: fixing quote

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X