Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I made a seed tray by punching some holes in one of those plastic cherry tomato containers from Tesco. Then I sowed about 15 Alicante tomato seeds in there with some potting compost and have left them on the windowsill next to the garlic which is coming on well, and some Tumbling Tom seedlings which seem to be doing OK but are going a bit slow

Comment

• I went to the Hill in the drizzle and raked over half of one of the (two) roots beds and planted 36 shallot sets. Picked kale.

Comment

• Built another raised bed, planted out garlic, few onions and shallots. Also found an old bottle.

Attached Files
        An attempt to live a little more self-sufficient

Comment

• I cleared weeds from what used to be a flower bed on the side of my garden, removed some stones (well, my four year old daughter did), raked it then threw sowed some grass seed on it. On second thoughts might be too early. Not sure, but not done it before. Have loads left if I need to wait a while yet.

Moved a couple of onions from a pot to the plot.

Comment

• The last 2 days i've sown chillis, sweet peppers, tomatoes, kale, sprouts and various flowers.

I've dug over the veg patch and spread chicken manure pellets over the whole plot. Planted up 2 blueberry bushes in pots of erricacious compost and moved them down to the fruit corner. I've planted a plum tree in my mini orchard. I planted my red baron onions into modules ready to plant out in a couple of weeks.

I've also potted up 3 rose bushes, and 2 buddleias.

Been very busy but has been great to have really nice weather and to be actually able to get out there and do something!

Comment

• transplanted my broadbeans out in rows, Potted my tomatoes on, there 3inches high now so into there own pots. Cucumbers are just peeping up as are the peppers, Lovely in greenhouse with sun shining through, Radio on and cup of tea. Perfect

Comment

• cracking day with the weather today ! planted the garlic ,sown cauli,cabbage ,calibrese,parsnips ,sprouts ,beetroot,bunching onions,silverskin onions and stocks and cut the 2 doors down to fit the new cold frame

oh and drank about 10 big mugs of tea

Comment

• I built another compost bin. Cleared the last section of my plot which now means my whole plot has now had some attention.

i also dug over two of my beds and had a great chat with the local Robin... I think one of us must have mistaken something said as it flew off in disgust... Or quite possibly, just possibly i had too much sugar and in fact not Dr Dolittle.

Comment

• Finished my winter digging (just in time). Limed the brassica beds (ditto). Put up 24 canes to support my cordon sweet peas...

Attached Files
                    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Hiya All

I got to finish work very early today and went down to plot and got lots done on chicken coop/run

very happy with how it is looking
                      Attached Files
                      All My Spare Time Is Spent On The Plot .. Gardening Is What I Love To Do..
                      sigpic

Comment

• Busy weekend digging weeds, making hotbed, planting lettuces in greenhouse and sowing seeds (mainly turnips and other brassica catch crops - pak choi, namenia and kohlrabi). Also a lot of planning and rethinking as we now have some extra raised beds at my friend's house, made from some old pallets by her husband . More veggies
                        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Spent the morning at the plot today and helped Neil whilst he built a few beds for the plot. That's the 'trouble' with having him on nightshift....he has time to think and comes up with all manner of ideas for things to build

I had to go to work ay midday and he headed back to the plot and from what he told me when I got back home at 6pm he's done a lot of adjustments during the afternoon which I will only see on Thursday morning as I'm stuck being a wage slave all day Wednesday.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Gillykat; 11-03-2015, 07:00 AM.
                          If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Spent the afternoon sowing seeds in my GH and enjoying the 27c heat in there
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Rejuvenated my strawbs that are in containers and treated the chickens to the old compost complete with vine weevil grubs

Comment

• hiya all again another day at the plot with the sun blazing down while i was working on this very happy about this...

cannot wait until the weekend so my first chickens can go in there new home

what do you think vine ?
                                Attached Files
                                All My Spare Time Is Spent On The Plot .. Gardening Is What I Love To Do..
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X