Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut two of our hazels, so now have lots of lovely hazel poles. Emptied one of the compost bins ready to spread on the bean bed. Trimmed the oregano plants and the lemon thyme.
    Follow my progress in gardening at altitude in France www.750metres.net

Comment

• yesterday / today

Managed to get some time yesterday evening after work, early finish! , to plant out some sprouts and leeks which were getting too big for their milk cartons.

Today I don't have much to do except enjoy the sun shine this morning and see to the chickens.

Comment

• another day at the plot i only had to work 2 hours today so i went down to the plot and got loads done and i am happy to announce that i got done in time to go and pick my first chickens up

i am over the moon with the outcome in such a short space of time time to concentrate on my raised beds and planting my veg
        Attached Files
        All My Spare Time Is Spent On The Plot .. Gardening Is What I Love To Do..
        sigpic

Comment

• Transplanted 16 Alicante Tomato Plants into larger pots and planted out 48 red onions plus 24 garlic.

Noticed the buds are starting to swell on the redcurrant bushes and the red gooseberry bushes are are already in leaf
          What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
          Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• Set away 40 really dark (nigh on black) gladioli into modules along with 10 mixed gladdies!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Dug up all the new strawberry plants that had escaped from their bed and replanted them where they are supposed to be - plus kept a load back for the 'freebies bench', might be wanted by somebody?
              Dug out and destroyed a gooseberry bush that seems to be diseased, the berries always go brown and mouldy as soon as they appear. Felt bad doing that, but it's a waste of space.
              Dug out the last of the leeks that had gone bitter and slimy and composted them.
              He-Pep!

Comment

• planted the asparagus crowns a mix of ginlim,backlim and pacific purple ,just need to be patient now !

Comment

• sprayed couch grass with nasty chemicals

fed and watered everything else that needed it

Comment

• Tutted about the incessant rain. Sowed a small tray of local wild rocket. Tutted some more.
                    While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

• Almost got the "Potting Shed" Done!

Really looking forward to my "Weekend Off"

Brandish your stick VC!
                      Attached Files
                      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Unusual task today, planted 8 morri's buckets with bindweed going to do an experiment later in the year using different control methods. OH was a bit suprised to see me planting weeds
                        Last edited by Greenleaves; 12-03-2015, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Dug out the propagator and sowed some Tango leeks! Would have sown red long onions as well, but I've mislayed the seeds somewhere!
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                            Dug out the propagator and sowed some Tango leeks! Would have sown red long onions as well, but I've mislayed the seeds somewhere!
                            I do fear I may regret asking this but..........what are Tango leeks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                              I do fear I may regret asking this but..........what are Tango leeks?
                              It takes two.

Comment

• repotted

Had the day off work today, as I have lots to do at home.

I re potted the kelsaes and put them in the greenhouse, also prepared the carrot and onion bed.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by chilli_grower; 13-03-2015, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X