Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spent the afternoon digging about a ton of Jerufsalem artichokes out. Shame I am not keen on the taste as they grow like weeds, just when you think you have got them all out, you spot another few lurking in the shadows!
    Last edited by hellybore; 13-03-2015, 08:15 PM. Reason: touch screen touched in wrong place!
    Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
      Almost got the "Potting Shed" done
      Really looking forward to my "Weekend Off"

Brandish your stick VC!
      Where's the beer fridge

Comment

• No room to sow anything else, nothing in @lid or Wllkos the last few visits to temp my wallet so I decided to build myself a personal video recorder. Finished it in time to record Gardeners World in unencrypted HD. Now I'll be able to archive Beechgrove in high definition when it starts to watch on my Kindle at the lotty.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Today I pricked out into modules: kohl rabi, red cabbage, cauliflowers.
          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• started making beer, cleaned up, crossed fingers revived live yeast survives transition to wort, drove to Leicester to see friends and family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
              No room to sow anything else, nothing in @lid or Wllkos the last few visits to temp my wallet so I decided to build myself a personal video recorder. Finished it in time to record Gardeners World in unencrypted HD. Now I'll be able to archive Beechgrove in high definition when it starts to watch on my Kindle at the lotty.
              a bit nifty with a soldering iron are we?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bohobumble View Post
                a bit nifty with a soldering iron are we?!

Nah, it's made up from off the shelf components based around a raspberry pi 2. At the moment I have one tuner which can record up to 6 channels at a time. After Doctor Who has finished I might have to play around with adding a second tuner.

Ah well I guess that I'll have to get another raspi to build my automated allotment irrigation system. Either that or a new watering can.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Where's the beer fridge
                  For fear of not wanting to disappoint!

It,s a make-shift!

Just rigged up a "Solar Panel" feeding a 12 volt battery! Picture not very clear unfortunately!

But a plug in "cooly box" is on the horizon!
                  Attached Files
                  "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Sowed a few toms and shallots and made this http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=181106556917
                    Which took 4 hours!!!!

Comment

• Mucked out chooks, had a chat with my seedlings. Breakfast infront of Gardener's World on iPlayer.

Went to chiltern wood recycling and got the wood for the four planned raised beds, cut and delivered, for the princely sum of £50

The guy who helped me said there are three empty plots on his allotment It's technically not in my parish, though it is in High Wycombe (where I live) but I thought I'd try my luck and have sent an email. He seemed dubious that a twenty something girl would wield a hammer drill, but I'll show 'em

I've been told not to get my hopes up too much for the ones I'm on the list for. Never mind, we will continue to dig up our back lawn to the horror of one of our neighbours...

Had a mooch around local garden centre, but resisted buying anything. Watched DD have her horse riding lesson.

Sorry, that turned into a real ramble!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spunky View Post
                        Sowed a few toms and shallots and made this http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=181106556917
                        Which took 4 hours!!!!
                        That looks tempting. Would be interested to see how you get on

Comment

• i made an offer for £75 and it was accepted but it is a bit wobbly good for the money though

Comment

• Originally posted by Spunky View Post
                            Sowed a few toms and shallots and made this http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=181106556917
                            Which took 4 hours!!!!
                            Looks useful. But, do you have to put compost in your pots using a spoon?? I can't be doing that, I'm afraid.
                            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Went to the Hill and -
                              Bought some BFB from the storeshed.
                              Completed soil prep & feed of 4 1/2 beds, ready for sowing/planting.
                              Gently raked BFB into the half bed with shallots, and half bed of garlic.
                              Left the 1/2 bed with parsnips sprinkled with BFB but unraked.
                              Made a sterling job of beefing up the netting tunnel (below) - shame that all it it protecting is two cabbages.

Attached Files

Comment

• Very productive day, spent afternoon in green house, now have,
                                Lettuce
                                Peas
                                Leeks
                                Sweet corn
                                Tomatoes
                                Peppers
                                Sprouts
                                Cauliflower
                                Dwarf French beans
                                Cabbage
                                Cucumbers
                                French climbing bens