Clear All

• 1st cut of the lawns today.
    Blow away up and fastened to the house.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Watch the OH painting

Comment

• Lovely to be outside after one of the busiest weeks of the year at work. Put the top layer on the hotbed and added the compost from last year's tomato grow beds. Helped to fit an auto vent to the greenhouse. Washed some more greenhouse windows and mended a few of the cracked panes with waterproof tape. Plenty more to do. Discovered 2 of the potatoes in the greenhouse have foliage showing above the compost. Earthed them up a bit. Planted 15 pots of peas. Added a bit more pea netting to the existing row.

Harvested mizuna, parsley, lettuce and PSB.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Had a busy day at the allotment today. I had agreed to be there from noon to 3.00pm to take plotholders subs and meet a newbie to give him a gate key (he was a no-show)
          I decided on an early-ish start and got there for 9.00am. Lit the woodburner and carried a couple of bags of logs from the top of the plot for todays burning. The weather was reasonable outdoors though so peeled layers off until I was working in my tee shirt.
          Dug up some raspberry plants from another area and planted them in a row. Dug deep holes at each end of the row and knocked in a 4 inch diameter post. Wedged bricks around the posts so they were solidly fixed.
          Took the mesh and hoops off another bed, cleared the area and planted two blackcurrants 5 foot apart and a standard whitecurrant.

Dismantled one of my rotten beds and frameworks and piled it in a heap and set fire to it. Had a generela tidy up of the plot, burning any prunings being very careful with the gooseberry prunings!
          Laid cardboard over a weedy bed after seeing how good the results have been on another weedy bed with cardboard and manure............not a weed in sight.
          Harvested some purple sprouting broccoli (just had it with my Sunday dinner ..yum!) and harvested a mooli.
          Took three punters plot rents so left for home with a pocket full of money!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Spuds in, beetroot, lettuce and radish in and under cover.
            raspberries and blueberries in
            baby cabbage, sprouts and spinach re potted.
            hand ripped open by angry chicken.
            I went to put the running hose down and it slid inside my left wellie - can I get trench foot?.
            realised that now we have Lu Lu I need to buy more seeds - whey hey!
            Last edited by Lumpy; 15-03-2015, 03:29 PM.
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• planted the spuds and shallots and sown broad beans,lettuce,spring onions,turnips for salads,toms,cucs,peppers,aubergine and potted the dahlias and begonias

Comment

• Put 5 first early spuds 'Red Duke of York' in a potato bag in the polytunnel.
                Raked some chicken manure pellets into the empty beds.
                Dug out and bagged up any nasty weeds to rot down over the summer.
                Sowed indoor cucs, sunflowers, dwarf French beans destined for the polytunnel, and some marigolds.
                He-Pep!

Comment

• sown squashkin,pumpkin and gherkin

Comment

• Trekked to the allotment to water my garlic in the greenhouse. Some rhubarb is starting to show through!

Comment

• Washed n disinfected a few pot's!

A job I always hate doing! Would normally bang em in't "Dishwasher" but that's playing up!

Finish the next few hundred tomorrow!

But "Spring is in the air"

Attached Files
                      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Managed to track down my wheelbarrow. Used it to transport the remains of a stone fireplace that had been dumped by the gate. One side of my greenhouse has a raised bed created from a stone fireplace that was dumped a couple of years ago
                        I should now have enough to build a raised bed at tuther side!
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Planted 2 rows(15 total) of 'Red Duke of York' early potatoes.
                          Sowed a few more tomato seeds as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                            Washed n disinfected a few pot's!

A job I always hate doing! Would normally bang em in't "Dishwasher" but that's playing up!

Finish the next few hundred tomorrow
                            You put your pots in the dishwasher and the Mrs doesn't complain !
                            OH went to work one morning and went to grab a cup out of the dishwasher to find.....4 toilet brushes and containers (yuk!) cleaner said "don't worry about it! I ve put it on super rinse"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              You put your pots in the dishwasher and the Mrs doesn't complain !
                              OH went to work one morning and went to grab a cup out of the dishwasher to find.....4 toilet brushes and containers (yuk!) cleaner said "don't worry about it! I ve put it on super rinse"
                              Nearly as bad as sterilising compost in the microwave!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Today I planted very very late daffodil bulbs after finding them lost in the summerhouse a couple of weeks ago. Husband has grumbled I put them all together. (Husband has been told he knows where the spade is next time!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X