Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planted out my shallots. 25 x "Longue".
    Put some compost over the rhubarb just showing.
    Split a clump of perennial leeks = 12 new leek plants!
    Follow my progress in gardening at altitude in France www.750metres.net

Comment

• Yesterday - Cleared out my revolting shed, looks like rats have been using it as a hotel over winter, the whole thing is really only fit for demolition. Threw 4 bags worth of old polythene, fleece, placcy bags etc in the bin - that felt good.

This morning - sowed Calendula indoors and at the allotment some Cima di Rapa.
      He-Pep!

Comment

• Yesterday I spent 4.5hrs on the plot in the hot...yes, hot!...sunshine

Cut back and removed old raspberry plants but struggled with the thick roots so that's a job for tomorrow.

Emptied all the seed trays & pots from shed and tidied it up.

Spent almost 3hrs cleaning the greenhouse from top to bottom, inside and out, and it's now gleaming.

Today just a quick visit to collect all the pots & trays and bring them home to soak in the bath. They've been there for an hour now, in washing up liquid and antibacterial solution, so I'm going to give them a good scrub now.
        Last edited by Gillykat; 23-03-2015, 06:39 PM.
        If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Yesterday! Got up at some "God Unearthly" hour to go into work! But managed to get a earlier than expected finish!

Went to the plot n set up a few "Quirky" bits!

A little "Seed tray watering" jobbie!

And a chopping board in top of the compost bin for the likes of "Sprout Stalks" cause they take an age to rot down if "Lobbed" in whole!

Get this week out of the way! Then can have a few days off getting the greenhouse n polytunnel up to speed!

Can't wait!

I hate having to work weekends!
          Attached Files
          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Originally posted by bario1 View Post
            Yesterday - Cleared out my revolting shed, looks like rats have been using it as a hotel over winter, the whole thing is really only fit for demolition. Threw 4 bags worth of old polythene, fleece, placcy bags etc in the bin - that felt good.

This morning - sowed Calendula indoors and at the allotment some Cima di Rapa.
            Get the snapper traps out

Comment

• Today I gaped in amazement at the radishes that I sowed on Saturday that have already sprouted. They're on my north facing kitchen window sill at the moment but will be moved out to the grow rack thingy tomorrow.

Comment

• Was going to do loads on the allotment today, but all I seemed to do is chat away with other workshy alotmenteers about nothing in particular! When they had all gone I managed to weed the overwintering onions!
                Potted on some seedling peppers!

Comment

• Used my friendly powers of persuasion on a local tree surgeon to sell me a tipper load of chippings for 20 squid........said chippings are now laid on the paths.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Donated weed control fabric all sorted under the fruit bushes - did a soak then stomp and finally rake of the brassica cage - moved the bench that the house said we could have (beats sitting on the chickens hay bale) - went to war on some weeds (conflict results as yet undecided).
                    Struth why does so little take so much time?
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                      Used my friendly powers of persuasion on a local tree surgeon to sell me a tipper load of chippings for 20 squid........said chippings are now laid on the paths.
                      Show us the evidence!.................

Must admit! That is a defoe on my "To Do" list this year!
                      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                        Struth why does so little take so much time?
                        I know the feeling

Comment

• Only managed a minor task today on account of injuries sustained last week: Made a makeshift fleece tunnel for my early spuds and weighed it down with bits of brick. We are due -3 here tonight, so chances are it'll be -5. Everything else will have to take their chances.
                          While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

• Prepared the carrot beds. Made another cloche to protect the carrots from 'carrot fly'. Just need the mesh to cover it.
                            Weeded the overwintering onions.

Comment

• Finally managed to dispatch a big mound of rotting tomato and brassica plants from last year into my newly emptied compost bin.
                              He-Pep!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                                Show us the evidence!.................

Must admit! That is a defoe on my "To Do" list this year!
                                Oh Ye of little faith.........................every bone in my body aches..........

......................................................................
                                Attached Files
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X