X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking good BM!
    sigpic

Comment

• Would never have doubted Ya! ...........

Looking really good "Big Fella"........

Yeah! Getting at that of age of aching too!

But I'd never give up on it!
      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Did a bit of tidying up on the plot after work today. Cut down some herbaceous perennials and the old canes from a small raspberry patch. Raked up a load of debris from paths and piled it all in a heap. I might buirn it, or I might compost it, haven't decided yet.

Yes I have, I'm going to compost it!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• A bit more digging today after work. Also got shallots in, onion sets in, sowed broad beans, spinach and beetroot. Really chuffed with how it's going. It'll be a bonus if anything actually grows!

Comment

• This morning:

Indoors - sowed some cornflowers
            In the greenhouse - sowed spring greens and collards
            On the plot - sowed chitted parsnip seeds in the rain - NOT FUN.
            He-Pep!

Comment

• Yesterday I did lots of pricking out of seedlings: tomatoes, peppers, calabrese, cabbages, lots of annual flower seedlings.

This morning I've been watching the rain (now stopped )
              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• This morning before work I:

1) Thinned out my petunia seedlings. I am almost certain growing these things from seed is a stupid exercise.
                2) Planted some more marmande tom seeds. They are the only ones not germinating and I can't work out why.
                3) Potted up my lupin and hollyhock seedlings from gathered seed last year.

All before 7am and in a suit. A very productive start to the day!

Comment

• Reinvigorated more compost. Sowed some Cylindra Beetroot and Bambino Carrots in another water tank. Did a small tray of Iron head Kale.

Dressed appropriately (Socks, boots, tie and woolly hat ~ it's quite breezy here today).

While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

• What's Iron head Kale?
                    He-Pep!

Comment

• Originally posted by daviddevantnhisspiritwife View Post
                      Dressed appropriately (Socks, boots, tie and woolly hat ~ it's quite breezy here today).
                      Nice to see that sartorial standards are not slipping!

Comment

• Originally posted by bario1 View Post
                        What's Iron head Kale?
                        I hope to learn that soon. The seeds were a freebie from a Czech ebay seller a couple of years back. Cross your fingers and toes that they germinate - They came in a small snap seal bag with a hand written sticker on them. I'll let you know if they do pop up. I can't find any reference to that variety by googling.....
                        While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

• I'm a kale fanatic. Keep us informed!
                          He-Pep!

Comment

• Will do, I found it when sorting my stash (as you do). Tucked inside a packet of carrot seeds.

Comment

• This afternoon I finished the paths between beds at the bottom end of my allotment. I raked the soil level, soaked old free newspapers (Metro and Standard) in my water butt and laid them on the soil, overlapping, then covered with a thick layer of free woodchippings that had appeared at the allotment gate.

It looks neat and tidy now, all without any carpentry...

Attached Files
                              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Originally posted by daviddevantnhisspiritwife View Post
                                Hope it was a long tie....................
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X