This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daviddevantnhisspiritwife View Post
    I hope to learn that soon. The seeds were a freebie from a Czech ebay seller a couple of years back. Cross your fingers and toes that they germinate - They came in a small snap seal bag with a hand written sticker on them. I'll let you know if they do pop up. I can't find any reference to that variety by googling.....
    Bane was growing something similar. http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1121033 I had a cutting but it didn't survive

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      Bane was growing something similar. http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1121033 I had a cutting but it didn't survive
      Ah, interesting! TY. I was thinking it might have been an error and could have been Ironhead Savoy Cabbage or something. Let's all hope and pray it is this mysterious kale variety. I'll keep you posted.
      While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

• Be careful HOW you avoid people

If at anytime you should find yourself walking down a street and notice somebody whom you do not wish to converse with approaching from the other end, be very wary about which store you duck into in order to avoid a meeting.

I have just ducked into Wilk0s and ended up purchasing a flat file, pair of bolt cutters, some screwdriver bits, two grape vines and a kiwi fruit.

The people I was trying to avoid also walked slowly so that on exiting the shop I STILL bumped into them.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Originally posted by daviddevantnhisspiritwife View Post
          Ah, interesting! TY. I was thinking it might have been an error and could have been Ironhead Savoy Cabbage or something. Let's all hope and pray it is this mysterious kale variety. I'll keep you posted.
          It was called Ewiger Kohl, the eternal cabbage You can read more about it (in translation) at OGV-Zinzenzell - Ewiger Kohl
          Last edited by veggiechicken; 26-03-2015, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Popping down to my new allotment tomorrow so here is my essential gardening kit

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
            ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
            ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Sugar snaps in (well some of them), 2 rows of parsnips, more weeding, transplanted toms into bigger pots, admired my growing in a plastic bottle pineapple. Done and dustd
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Today I planted 20 Arran Pilot first early potatoes. Then I did some more inter-bed paths with wet newspapers covered by chipping mulch. I've got a third of the plot done now!

Attached Files
                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• So I fortuitously had the day off on what was a glorious spring day so spent it working on my veg patch.

This is my second full year in our current house so while I dabbled in growing fruit and veg last year thought I would try and get serious this year so...

Today created a bed for my raspberries and planted 6, also finished creating an asparagus bed and got them planted (6) and planted out 70 onion sets so been a busy day!

Now just need to plan what I'm going to do with the other half of the patch

Comment

• I potted on my peppers and chillies today.

Comment

• This is what I did yesterday.

Fixed the fence separating the main garden from the veg patch. I now have a gate down the bottom so that I can get the wheel barrow in. (It's on a slop so there are steps at the top).
                      Potted on my normal tomatoes.
                      Put my dahlias into pots in the greenhouse to give them a head start

Comment

• New roof on the shed, dug over the large bed 10m x 5m, mowed the paths and turned the compost bins. Started at 8.30, dodged the showers and I am now aching all over. Tomorrow will be bad :-)

Comment

• Yesterday I finally managed to plant some mangetout and broad beans out, shame I planted them in the wrong bed today I was very busy procrastinating

Comment

• Finally sorted out my onion bed. Raked and raked, did the gardener shuffle and raked some more. Next is to cover with weed membrane and make holes in it, to plant my onions through. To windy to do that today!

Comment

• Tomorrow's forecast is for heavy rain for most of the day, so today I went to the Hill and:

- Moved the netting tunnel
                              - Planted out the first and second earlies
                              - Picked some sprouty tops off the kale for tea
                              - Admired the newly freed up space where the out of control pallet composters were - my neighbour had a bonfire in the week and used all the twiggy stuff that was in there as kindling.

this is before:

and after:

Attached Files
                              Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 28-03-2015, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• A non gardening friend of mine wanted to grow some strawberrys for his kids so I built him a little strawberry bed and filled it with some bare root runners I grew on.

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X