Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to the garden Centre to buy Jalapeno seeds and came out with a bag of Maris Bard 1st early seed potatoes......close enough!

Maris Bard is an old established potato which I remember my dear auld Dad used to grow.

Having never tried them before my logic is that they must have stood the test of time and be ok or the variety wouldn't be around anymore?

PS, VC saved my bacon with the Jalapenos with Aldi having plants in on Thursday!

All tatties chitting away merrily in the greenhouse now.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      Put your Cigarettes?

Now you know fine well that I'm now googling nicotina seeds

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Dug over the first bed on my plot and also the entire 30ft length of bed on one side of my polytunnel. I'll do the other side tomorrow

Felt GREAT to be finally out in the sunshine making a 'proper' start on the plot. Still haven't decided whether this bed, and tomorrow's job which is next to it, are to be for flowers or potatoes?
        If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Repotted a few strawbs and my passiflora, robbed a stalk from my rhubarb and ate it with some sugar. Lovely it was too
          Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life 😁

Comment

• Spent the ay potting up seeds - Q's (3 varieties), leek (2 var), kale (2 var), pumpkin, courgette, nastursi-thingies (can't spell the word), perpetual spinach, celeriac and potted on my toms. All in the comfort of my own porch.
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Finally planted my seeds indoors, lots of tomatoes, lettuce, sprouts, PSB etc. Better late than never
              Going to do spuds later, they have to be outside in bags, but I do have plenty of bubble wrap to cover them up
              Is it about right to sew sweetcorn indoors yet?
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Sowed some tumbling toms in a seed tray/ propagator I made from 2 clear plastic cherry tomato trays. It's the circle of life!

Comment

• Raked over and planted up a 10 foot X 4 foot bed with onion sets.Took the mesh off a similar sized bed that's planted up with shallots and replaced a few that appeared to have a touch of white rot.
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• What I did today: Sat at work dreaming of the five day weekend I'm about to have making the garden good enough to make ma dad proud. Plans are afoot!

Comment

• Nearly finished building the frame of my dome greenhouse today ,

5 1/2 meters wide and probably just as tall made from 15 triangles each about 2.75m on each side, I just had the roof on and ran out of screws, was nipping to the village diy shop, opened gate and found dog with serious injury to its neck

The dog looked like it had been tied with a cable tie the vet said said, it had no skin for 2 thirds of its neck about 3 inch wide the other way, no flesh either, hole in its windpipe about 3mm by 10mm.....

A friend helps rescue dogs locally so I got in touch so she could help, Off to the vets we went, he chopped the lumps of matted blood and fur, cleaned it all and stitched its wind pipe, then some skin , leaving a lot open for it to drain , its now in the house in a cage so it cant run round to give it a chance to heal

The skin was cut to this point on both sides, but there is no flesh or skin underneath in the centre to stitch together, dog seems quite happy though

Attached Files
                      Last edited by starloc; 01-04-2015, 07:03 PM.
                      Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

• Oh, good luck Starloc. I hope he makes a speedy recovery..are you going to keep him?

Comment

• How terrible - to treat an animal in that way Good for you Starloc, for taking him to the vet and looking after him. I hope he recovers from the trauma.

Comment

• As far as I know we are keeping him, that is if the stitches hold,he looks quite happy now but its if it actually heals, its absurd the way dogs and cats are treated by some people, the poor thing also looks like he has not eaten for weeks
                            Last edited by starloc; 01-04-2015, 07:59 PM.
                            Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

• All he needs is some tlc now and he'll be fine I'm sure. Dogs can recover from the most horrific injuries and be left with little or no signs of trauma. The stitches will hold no problem, as long as he rests and is somewhere warm and quiet with food and water. I hate to ask this but what will you do if his owner should appear and ask for him back?
                              Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life 😁

Comment

• Fingers crossed..looks like he's had a lucky day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X