Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifted a load of branches this morning while the weather was nice. This aft it chucked it down so decided to extend my retirement plan by picking up Carp fishing again, so with that in mind I found a few venues nearby, won a carp chair on fleabay, made a few controller floats & ordered an unhooking mat..........
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Planted out my second early potatoes (Charlotte) then levelled the path along my planned sweet pea row and mulched it with newspaper and chippings.

I moved my January-sown sweet peas to my draughty cold frame to harden them off. They are just at the right stage now to go out, lots of vigorous side-shoots:

I'm not sure what to do with my October-sown ones though, they are a bit unwieldy now:

Maybe I'll do a few big pots and let them scramble through stuff in the garden.
      Attached Files
      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moopmoop View Post
        All he needs is some tlc now and he'll be fine I'm sure. Dogs can recover from the most horrific injuries and be left with little or no signs of trauma. The stitches will hold no problem, as long as he rests and is somewhere warm and quiet with food and water. I hate to ask this but what will you do if his owner should appear and ask for him back?
        Not a chance they will get him back, I have thought about the problem of that, if it became a problem I would charge them the vet bills , not expensive here but still it would be money they needed to pay out, my friend round the corner runs an animal rescue centre and if there were real problems he would have to go there to her place to hide as nobody who treats a dog like this would ever get the dog back off me
        Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

• That is a very lucky dog, well done.
          Feed the soil, not the plants.
          (helps if you have cluckies)

Man v Squirrels, pigeons & Ants
          Bob

Comment

• That breaks my heart starloc! I'm not a violent person and don't really swear but...!!! Keep us up to date with his progress, he is one lucky dog to have found you!
            sigpic

Comment

• I've only looked in through the polytunnel door this morning before going to work - I had not had much of an opportunity for a couple of days, but everything in there seems to have shot up like anything. Cauliflower, lettuce, brussels, cabbage, pak choi, everything is twice the size it was at the start of the week

excellent!

Comment

• Baking with the GG, love it
                Nannys make memories

Comment

• Moved a 10 foot by 6 foot polytunnel six plot down to my own plot.
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Just back nfrom alottment and completely exhausted- dug 4x 10 and planted greyhound and red cabbage seedlings with some flowers( i think)- plants that i grew fom seed last year and forgot to label. intercropped with salad seedlings and put chive seedlings all around border. First time I've been able to bring myself to walk on a double dug bed(acting on advice from grapevine,thank you) for brassicas. It always seemed sacrilegious almost....that beautifully crumbly soil. Anyway I gritted my teeth, did it and then thoroughly raked. Have cut down( well sawed actually - too big for branch loppers) bramble patch (bigger than my house) that I inherited at alottment and have not had time to deal with until now and dug out roots. This has given me an extra 9 square metres to play with, positively luxurious!
                    First cut of white sprouting tonight which is possibly my favourite vegetable. whatjoy!
                    No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• I meant to just order some posts to redo my fence. In the end I've also ordered some fence boards to do a couple of new beds. Well, about ten beds.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Sowed about 30 broccoli seeds. They are about 3 years old so I did a whole lot expecting a low germination rate. Maybe I will have broccoli coming out my ears in a few weeks though.

Comment

• Nothing today as it's monsoon season and freeeeezing But yesterday was a gorgeous day and whilst Neil tinkered about fixing gate posts, door bolts and three of the veggie beds I concentrated on digging over the second potato bed Hoping to get my spuds in on Monday as the forecast is decent from Sunday onwards.
                          If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Most people use their porch for coats etc....not in this household.
                            Attached Files
                            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Pouring with rain here so a few hours in the greenhouse, radio on and lots to sow and pot up! Broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, salad leaves and lettuce - running out of room!

Comment

• Been a sowing day today:

3mtr row of Renova Beetroot (monogerm cylindrical variety)
                                3mtr row of Solo Beetroot (monogerm round variety)
                                3mtr row of Tender and True Parsnip
                                3mtr row of Gladiator Parsnip
                                2 × 3mtr rows of Nantes 5 Carrots

All cover with enviromesh

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X