Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have had to put the bloody heater back on in the greenhouse, when is it going to warm up at night?

Comment

• Bought a Jacobs Ladder, barked another front garden corner, planted DFB's (I bought 15 more for £1.50) in the flower beds. covered the Q's and pumpkins AGAIN for the night, got an even large back strain by putting the large pots with the runners, DBF's and citrus tress back in the porch because of the predicted 4C tonight.
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Well! Not just today, but over the weekend! Idea for the supports in the "Greenhouse" underway!

Take it over "Tother side" this weekend! I is hoping!

But the "Cucumbers" every year "Do my head in" will it survive! Won't it survive!

Here! I'll do my best to get the supports in permanent situ! But ya never know what ya gunna get! they are looking sick already!

Attached Files
        Last edited by Deano's "Diggin It"; 10-06-2015, 02:50 PM. Reason: Taking out "Double take" picture
        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• I was sorting stuff for my chooks when I heard a buzzing around my head. Dammit a wasp sez I, and vacated the shed. Looked in through the door to see a 2 indiameter wasps nest hanging from my shed roof.

Went and got a hoe and dislodged the wasps nest.....then ran like the clappers! I kept coming back to the shed door where the queen wasp was looking for her nest by coming out the door and back in through a broken window pane repeatedly. Just gave shed a wide berth for the rest of the evening.
          Watered the plot with the hosepipe then left for home with a dozen eggs and the last greenhouse grown spring cabbage.
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• repoted a good few of my Ring of fire chillis and spent an age squishing a plague of flys of green, gave up and bought a fly of green spray killer, hopefully flys of green have been and gone
            Last edited by jackarmy; 09-06-2015, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Picked 6 sawfly larvae off my currant bush and noticed 2 ladybirds having a munch on the aphid infestation. Left them to it and went to visit my Mum for the day.
              A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Tried to get rotavater fired up - no luck, so reverted to raking the bed I've been preparing for Jack o Lanterns and Butternut Squash.
                Did a full watering of both polytunnels and greenhouse and was shocked to find a pepper plant I was given at the weekend had various forms of aphid on it, so out it went into quarantine (an empty cold frame). Checked everything else in there, but they seemed clear, but gave everything a good spraying with Neem Oil just in case.
                Had another go at firing up the rotavater - again without success and gave up and came home in disgust.
                What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• Spent the evening filling and planting the hanging baskets and pots that go outside the front door. One of those 5 minuet jobs that took over two hours all told.

Comment

• Not much gardening today
                    But I did find time to sow three more pots of lettuce, now sat in the back of the fridge until tomorrow.
                    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Been down the plot for ages and for the life of me can't figure out what I've done to take up so much time

Weeded the Japanese onion bed, the onion bed and shallot bed and put in cheap £1 leaky hoses into the same three beds.
                      Chatted with a neighbour.
                      Watered all the beds.
                      Watered the see through shacks and blow away
                      Rearranged the peppers and aubergine.
                      Planted out a couple of things.
                      Wired some mesh panels to my fence to grow squash and courgette up

I have no idea what took up the eight hours I was there

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                        Been down the plot for ages and for the life of me can't figure out what I've done to take up so much time

Weeded the Japanese onion bed, the onion bed and shallot bed and put in cheap £1 leaky hoses into the same three beds.
                        Watered all the beds.
                        Watered the see through shacks and blow away
                        Rearranged the peppers and aubergine.
                        Planted out a couple of things.
                        Wired some mesh panels to my fence to grow squash and courgette up

I have no idea what took up the eight hours I was there
                        Funnily enough..I was chatting and swapping plants with neighbours today!
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Chatted with four neighbours.......now what else did I do? Oh yes, I hand weeded a bed ready for brassicas as yet to be determined. Chooks were pleased to convert the greenery to manure for me. Watered pumpkins,courgettes,melon and cucucumber. Soaked a greenhouse bed ready for digging and soil improvement.

That's about it really............Ta ta!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Planted out the mini sweetcorn plants.
                            And pointed the paving slab joints.
                            Should be in the greenhouse for this weekend!
                            @thecluelessgardener

Comment

• Did some weeding, prepared a raised bed, but not sure whats going in it yet.
                              Planted the Tayberry, Blueberry and Raspberry plants I got on clearance at BeanQ yesterday and netted my outdoor Strawberries and Redcurrant bushes.
                              Lots of watering in Polytunnels and Greenhouse.
                              Found 4 Onions that are starting to bolt
                              What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                              Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• Collected the eggs.
                                Cleaned out the new chicken coop (that i finished building at the weekend).
                                Jet washed and Poultry Shielded the old coop.
                                Moved the automatic door opener from the old coop to the new coop.
                                Refitted the old manual door closer to the old shed.
                                (Getting ready for a couple more chooks!)

Light prune of two of the apple trees.
                                Potted on about 50 fox gloves.
                                Ripped the side off the potting shed and replaced with polycarbonate.
                                Washed the potting shed windows inside and out.
                                Pulled the seed heads off the ornamental grass that self seeds itself everywhere it can.
                                Watered the raspberries by the house and in the fruit cage.
                                Watered the tomatoes.
                                Cleared my neighbour's hawthorn, comfrey and nettles that hang over my fence.
                                Cut the grass.

And...
                                Forgot to shut the veg plot gate so the chickens went in a shredded a load of lettuce and dug some big holes in my nicely raked soil!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X