X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Martin H View Post
    Not much gardening today
    But I did find time to sow three more pots of lettuce, now sat in the back of the fridge until tomorrow.
    Dont you get a bit chilly sat in the fridge Martin ?

Comment

• Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
      Dont you get a bit chilly sat in the fridge Martin ?
      That might be what I SAID, but not exactly what I MEANT. A bit like this, really ...

Attached Files
      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• , as long as your not too chilly alls good

Comment

• Pulled up all my garlic as they have rust. Thankfully the bulbs are all reaonable size. They were in the same bed as my onions, that have no sign yet so I thought that I would try and lessen the risk.
          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Cleared ALL the salady stuff from raised bed, including rocket, mizuna and mixed leaves, it had all done so well, was about 2 FT high and some had flowered! So it's gone. Will replant done more, and may buy a few little lettuce plugs so hurry things along.

Brought all the garlic home to store, it's dried out nicely in the sun, someone has said it doesn't store well, when it's been affected by rust, but we'll see, I'll start using it straight away.
            DottyR

Comment

• Planted out my courgettes and a few leeks.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Finally got round to sowing Runners and Frenchies. Runner Bean Enorma as my climbing beans, Then Dwarf French Beans Stanley.
                Transplanted various herbs into a wall basket which I attached to one of the sheds - dunno how well they'll do, but it makes the shed look a bit prettier
                What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• Having moved some of the melons and a cucumber to my friend's greenhouse yesterday, I had a little more room in the growhouse. Potted up another tomato (Belle) into its final pot. Rearranged things a bit (again). Harvested lettuce, nasturtium and land cress for lunch and noticed that the land cress has aphids. Put it outside the back door (it was in the cloakroom) as aphids are not allowed in the house.

Re-ordered some plant clips as the mail order company sent me watering can roses instead

Deadheaded the pulmonaria which was taking over the flower garden. Harvested beans, peas and spinach for tea. Removed another 8 sawfly larvae from my white currant - some of the leaves have been reduced to stalks So far, touch wood, they haven't discovered my gooseberry.

Almost forgot - harvested my first Balconi Red tomato from the spare bedroom
                  Last edited by Penellype; 12-06-2015, 06:51 PM.
                  A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Planted a butternut squash into my polytunnel border.
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Did lots of watering in the hope that it would make it rain. No luck so far.
                      Removed lots of nettles and docks where the jungle is trying to reclaim my plot. My compost heap is looking overloaded now so that's another job I'll have to get around to.

Comment

• And now it's raining

Comment

• On my way to the bin I nearly fell over a slug the size of a telegraph pole so I donned my waterproofs, pith helmet and grabbed my blunderbuss and went out hunting.

Big, great juicy ones, little, iddy biddy ones all became victims of my hunting prowess!

Replaced the bark that the blackbird had thoughtfully re-organised for me.

Coo-ed at the flowers on my 2 ish truss toms.
                          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Just took a picture of this lily and thought I'd share with you.
                            Planted at least 10 years ago, it had been crowded by other shrubs until one was removed last year.
                            What a surprise to see this plant rise from nothing
                            Attached Files
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Topped up the bed, that I'd cleared. Planted out some lettuce plants, sowed some lettuce seeds, and spring onion and rocket. Picked more broadbeans.

Will def only plant broad beans in the autumn, they are so much better than the ones I sowed in Fed.

Will try to,attach photo, the difference is amazing.

On the right of photo, is the autumn planted plant, on the left is the little February planted plant
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Dorothy rouse; 13-06-2015, 02:40 PM.
                              DottyR

Comment

• My Starmaker Kale and Seaweed Kale seed arrived this morning so I sowed twelve of each in modules along with twelve Red Cos Lettuce which I received free with the order!

Next I went to my project house where I cleared weeds from a patio area and planted out some Salvias and bedding Dahlias.

OH keeps buying plants that are reduced in the supermarkets and expects me to breath new life into them.

Need to find a place for a Passiflora now!
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X