Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sowed swede, endive and lettuce, fed celeriac, watered greenhouse and polytunnel this morning. I did not resent working in the rain one bit, it was very welcome as I will be digging tomorrow.
    Then off to Coventry clutching large bag of vegetables for bbq at daughter's house.
    No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Hand weeded Japanese onion bed and shallot bed and gave the weeds to chooks.. Planted up three sweet pepper plants in pots in greenhouse. Planted half a dozen more Cauli's in polytunnel.
      Dug over a section of my herb wheel and planted 10 clumps of dill that i had started in modules.
      Watered all indoor stuff.
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Lots of armpitting toms and watering - so much watering in the polytunnels and greenhouse!

Strimmed the grass - well mainly weeds and potted up some of the larger sideshoots I took off the toms.
        What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
        Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• Weeding. An awful lot of weeding. Transplanted some climbing frenchies and sowed a couple of rows of swede. Chopped the weeds for the compost heap. Did some more weeding. Watered both greenhouses.

Lawns tomorrow. And probably more weeding.

Comment

• Mostly been doing my friend's garden which got neglected last weekend due to poor weather.

Yesterday - planted out some french beans and potted up 2 pepper plants. Put up strings for the tomatoes to climb up as they are finally showing signs of wanting to grow a bit. Potted up 3 sungold armpits, although I don't really have anywhere to put them...

Sowed some lettuces and fennel at home.

Today - potted up 2 melons, an aubergine and a cucumber. Doused everything in the greenhouse with Phytoseiulus mites as the strawberries were suffering badly from red spider mite. Weeded the whole 3m x 4m veg plot in 1/2 an hour - a job that took me about 5 hours last year. Getting to the bottom of those weeds now

Potted up the last courgette at home and displaced an ornamental parahebe which has had to go and live on the drive. This particular courgette was supposed to go next to the runner beans, but the early crop of kohl rabi there is growing too slowly. The ones at my friend's house are forming nice swollen stems, but here mine are still looking some way off being edible.

Ordered 4 more packets of seeds.
            Last edited by Penellype; 21-06-2015, 04:49 PM.
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Hope yourfeeling betterAmanda, tough times .
              Gotta be honest and admit to the fact that in half cut , bloody kids

Comment

• Planted unknown flower that has a lovely pale green flower head shaped like scabious, cosmos, borlotti and mange tout. Dug several square metres in some of the rockiest soil on the allotment for the peas and beans.Planted some chard as a border and sowed some kohl rabi in leftover space at end.
                Thrilled to find newt while I was digging- carefully popped him under a clump of sweet william, luckily he was completely unharmed.
                Some of the tadpoles are growing up and using their back legs to swim.
                Last edited by kris1960; 22-06-2015, 07:12 AM.
                No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Finally got the sweetcorn in the ground and some of the beetroot. Pricked out Mesenbryanthemum for the tubs on the lawn and replenished the containers at the front of the house ready for bedding.
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• So far, got out of bed, had a cuppa( about to have cuppa no 2 ) , switched thomas the tank on for my grandson and read VCs Forking toms thread, very helpfull VC

Comment

• Yesterday - weeded the large raised bed about 6 times. The guy who lived here before appears to have thrown loads of tomatoes in here so I'm getting volunteer tomato plants everywhere. This would be great if I didn't have too many tomato plants already!!
                      Cut back the rose bushes that are threatening to take over the mid-garden trellis and next doors' garage. The one at the back of the garden needs a ladder, so that will have to wait. Also cut back my climbers so I could use the space for other things.
                      Repotted all my various squash, courgettes, cucamelon, two of the bigger toms and a cucumber I bought at Aldi yesterday morning into their final planting places - either large pots or in the bed. Also set up supports to train them up.

Finally admitted that my bolivian rainbow chilli plant looks nothing like a chilli plant - it might well be an aubergine! Also a shame as it's my only "chilli plant" to have survived seedling stage this year. I sowed some extra seeds just in case - I can always overwinter any that survive.

Comment

• Put one of my blow-aways away today,it gave me space on the patio for more pots & space on the wall for the 3rd wall basket,which were all quickly taken over by tomato plants,petunia,geranium,sweet pepper & French marigolds. Fed my corn,lettuce,rocket,basil & young runner beans with a high nitrogen feed. Everything else has blood fish & bone sprinkled around the plant when I plant out,so I don't need to worry about them yet.

Comment

• Yesterday - lifted the garlic (a little on the small side), fed everything.
                          Today - cleared the last of the broadies (chocolate spot has been pretty devastating), added some compost and planted out nero and 1000 head kale in the space.
                          Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Dug over a triangle in my herb wheel and planted out six Sage seedlings. I will do the same for my thyme plants tomorrow evening which will give me about ten different herbs to pick from as I need them.
                            Watered all that needed watering.
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Rain and wind has stopped play here. Planted some heritage climbing beans given to me by lovely allotmenteer neighbour, staked polytunnel tomatos and cucumbers, helped weed aforesaid neighbour's shallot patch, weeded my onions and planted crown prince.
                              My outdoor tomatos DO NOT like being out in the cold- polytunnel and greenhouse ones look great though.

Comment

• Built my second raised bed and filled with manure /compost mix.Planted out some lettuce seedlings and sowed some more salad leave and lettuce (hoping for constant crops ).

Still along way to go ,how i wish i had got my plot last autumn.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X