Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinned out my swedes and turnips. Planted an aubergine. Tied up my blueberry. Tied up the door of my polytunnel as I couldn't breath inside with it shut. Put the hose on and watered the plot inside and outside
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Built another climbing arch, planted oh some Jack Be Little to train up it.
      Moved a path about 2' to the right and demolished another bed.
      Planted out some basil seedlings.
      Chatted a bit
      Got rid of 3 spare aubergines.
      Planted out 27 roselle/Florida Cranberries/Fleur De Jamacia/Jamaican Sorrel plants (will thin to 9 later on).
      Planted out dwarf beans.
      Started Potting up the rest of my Tom's which I should have done ages ago, stopped when I realised that I was sitting next to a bumblebees nest. This cheeses me off as if I had known there was goin to be a bee nest in my greenhouse I'd have put my melons in it.

Decided to rearrange my greenhouses - no I didn't move my melons. Took down the staging in the larger see through shack to house all the tomatoes. Rearranged it into the smaller see through shack to house my chillies which were previously packed into the blowaway housing my melons cucumbers, aubergines and sweet peppers.
      Planted out some cha cha squash and Jack o lanterns.
      Got rid of a couple of spare squash plants.
      Realised in the greenhouse shakeup I had some squash plants terminating - forgot about them, need another place for them now

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Just realised that my face and lower arms make the rest of my body look anemic.

I might have to start gardening in Speedos and flipflops.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
          Just realised that my face and lower arms make the rest of my body look anemic.

I might have to start gardening in Speedos and flipflops.

Please! Just eaten my breakfast!

Comment

• Just taken on another plot....well wilderness really, grass and brambles are chest high!

OH is not at all happy with me!

Comment

• Usually change quickly and rush to allotment but struggled in the heat yesterday, went late and watered and watered and watered.
              No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                Thinned out my swedes and turnips. Planted an aubergine. Tied up my blueberry. Tied up the door of my polytunnel as I couldn't breath inside with it shut. Put the hose on and watered the plot inside and outside
                You have no idea how jealous I am of your ability to 'put the hose on"! I have a long walk from communal trough hauling watercans, I normally consider the benefits to my fitness and waistline but am finding stoicism more difficult in the heat.
                Pretty wimpy given that I grew up in the outback of Australia.
                No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Originally posted by kris1960 View Post
                  You have no idea how jealous I am of your ability to 'put the hose on"! I have a long walk from communal trough hauling watercans, I normally consider the benefits to my fitness and waistline but am finding stoicism more difficult in the heat.
                  Pretty wimpy given that I grew up in the outback of Australia.
                  Didn't used to bother and its not very environmentally friendly, but its so much easier,especially when its warm as you don't mind when you spray yourself by mistake. Its also a lot quicker than using a watering can.
                  My old philosophy was to 'Treat em ard' and water sparingly but when the temperature rises its nice to have a cold shower!
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Pollinated my pumpkin in the polytunnel by getting three male flowers and doing the business with them in the hope that one is at the right stage to pollinate it!
                    Didn't need to water outdoors as we had just had a massive thunderstorm soaking the place. Still needed to water indoors with the watering can though.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Lots of watering today. Lots of squishing too - aphids have found my pepper plants in the greenhouse so a pleasant half-hour was spent checking each leaf.

Watered the beans and sweetcorn and plaited the garlic I dug up at the weekend, now hanging up safely in the kitchen:

Attached Files
                      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• As we garden mainly in pots/bags/containers, watering is the order of every day. Good job hubby finds watering therapeutic lol.
                        Got some pots and 3 tier baskets planted up with lids bedding plants. The White petunia have gone absolutely wild, can't see any other plants but them grrr.
                        The red petunias haven't been doing anything - that is until I found my husband had been deadheading them BEFORE flowering.
                        Bought a new garden bench today on pensioners day. Got a good price, not worth repairing our old one.
                        Chicken with salad and home grown spuds tonight, yum
                        Have a lovely evening all
                        Last edited by Nannysally99; 01-07-2015, 05:48 PM.
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Arrived at the lotty around 7am to find the greenhouse was already 29 degrees and the polytunnels were over 30 degrees - thats even with them all left open and all the vents open.

Lots and lots of watering and sprayed the floors to increase humidity.

Squirted a couple of tomato plants with garlic water to shoot off a few greenfly that had appeared. Has anyone else noticed there seems to be quite a lot more of the little blighters this year?

By that time, it was 10:30 and far too hot to do much else, so harvested the days strawberries, raspberries, tayberries and gooseberries - oh and a couple of cucumbers and two cherry tomatoes and some radishes, before escaping to the relative cool of home.
                          What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                          Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• Still beetroot red and dripping with sweat after trying to finish digging rows for potatos, got one done before giving up and crawling under a hedge to lie in shade!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                              Pollinated my pumpkin in the polytunnel by getting three male flowers and doing the business with them in the hope that one is at the right stage to pollinate it!
                              Didn't need to water outdoors as we had just had a massive thunderstorm soaking the place. Still needed to water indoors with the watering can though.
                              That's right- rub it in- a hose and a thunderstorm!

Comment

• Cut up green waste for the compost, dug out 2 big roots, weeded & still watering, the soil is drinking it up

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X