X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I did today: sweated.

Comment

• Managed to water the plot... Then an hour later we had a massive thunderstorm, with the biggest hailstones I've ever seen, it has just about finished now.

I think there may be a few green casualties because of this... Be interesting to see in the morning.

And the turnips I sowed on Saturday are already showing... Blinking quick that! Made my day.

On a little more of a down note, it looks like one of the allotment cats has taken shine to one of my raised beds... Think I may have to net it.
      Last edited by Ding Dang Doo; 01-07-2015, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kris1960 View Post
        You have no idea how jealous I am of your ability to 'put the hose on"!
        If it's any consolation he does have to wait in line for the tap.

I dont though.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• This morning before work -

Filled my 600ltrs of rainwater storage with a hose - the promised heavy rains never came last night and my plants need the water!
          Watered the beans, courgettes and roots on the plot.
          Watered the sweetcorn in the polytunnel.
          Planted out the last of my kale seedlings.
          Planted out some sweet peas.
          He-Pep!

Comment

• Arrived on plot at 8am and did loads of watering in greenhouse and polytunnels again. Collected the daily strawberries before retreating home to the shade.

Back to work tonight
            What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
            Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
              If it's any consolation he does have to wait in line for the tap.

I dont though.
              Tisk. Little do you know that because you've got your own tap............you get your own bill to go with it!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Dug over a bed on someone elses plot as I had no room left to plant some leeks. Hope they don't mind. Eighty dibbered holes in the dug earth just waiting for rainfall!
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by kris1960 View Post
                  That's right- rub it in- a hose and a thunderstorm!
                  Three local houses and a school got their roofs set on fire with lightening! Luckily no one was hurt.
                  It would have been as bad as Black Thursday if it hadn't been that it was a Wednesday!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                    Little do you know that because you've got your own tap............you get your own bill to go with it!
                    I had to like this first purely so that o could click on unlike

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                    ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                    ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• Paid a visit to some friends in Sudbury (Suffolk), lovely part of the country

Comment

• Tied up my tomato plants agsin. They're getting big now.

Comment

• Watered all day again, pulled up lettuce and rocket, planted more lettuce and rocket

Comment

• After working two days solid went down in the rain to water indoors. Looks like everything has survived the heat and hail. Pleasantly surprised at how much things have come on in two days.

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• Planted out my leeks (only about 20 came up).
                              Potted on 3 chillies and a micro tom
                              Watered anything in a pot.

Is that all? How come that took an hour and a half??
                              He-Pep!

Comment

• Went out aphid squashing again yesterday,whilst turning my runner bean leaves,I noticed a seven spotted ladybird with a few aphid lined up ready to be eaten,I hope he's hungry,I didn't touch the leaf he was managing,I dealt with the million aphids on the other leaves. Getting rid of the ants has helped bring back the ladybirds!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X