X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first runner beans!

Woohoo!!!!
    Picked the first lush runner beans I have growing in a pot, delicious...

~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
    a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
    - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Popped into Lidl and picked up a blueberry plant. It didn't say what the variety was - it'll probably be the same as the one I already have.

Stitched a new zip onto my blowaway as the old zipper head popped off and is currently hiding somewhere inside the tent.

Pulled up half the remaining onions and sorted them onto the cheap staging being used as drying racks in the greenhouse. Half a dozen had white rot so I'll grow loads of garlic over winter and try garlic water over the next years to see if that removes it.

Swapped one of the white grapes i bought the other day from Aldi for a black grape. Iwas looking for a black but both Aldi shops I went to only had white, he was looking for white but the shop he went to only had black. The fact that we both bought them anyway was sort of serendipidous.

Potted up grapes, goji berry and tayberry plants. The blueberries will have to wait until I get the ericatious compost down.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• So I went down to the other plot today to clear out the last of the stuff. Dug up my spuds, a few cabbages, my strawberry and pineberry plants and my soapwort. Emptied the compost bins and put the decent stuff in bags to take down the new plot. Most of the stuff has been moved down so one more trip and I'll hand the keys back. The radishes had of course bolted and I harvested about three pounds of rats tails from them.

At the new plot replanted teh pineberries and strawberries under the fruit bushes. Ran out of space so I had to fill up the half of the bed Ive pulled the onions out with strawberries. I'll move them to their final positions once thats ready.

Had to bin my parsley hamberg as something orible has eated through the roots, little grey things were crawling over the base of the leaves. Pulled up a coupe of the salsify and scorzonera either side to see if whatever they are had affected them but theyre ok. Nice looking roots.

Got a new to the other day - bought myself a lap top so now ican see all those banners down the side of the forum - win a luxury trip to Harrogate - really?

Anyway I've been playing about with it and have made an update video on my plot.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Potted on some cabbage seedlings of the 140 or so that I sowed recently. Must have at least 100 seedlings. Starting to hope that the caterpillars find them soon so that I won't feel obliged to plant them all out.

Cleared a bed of old kales and weeds. Found a row of purple potatoes in their midst - grown from spuds I missed last year. What is the point of growing purple spuds - they're virtually invisible. That wonderful feeling you have when you spot a glowing white potato is missing with the purple ones. Last year I decided not to grow them again - but they've come back to haunt me. Bet they'll still be there next year too

Comment

• Great being back at allotment yesterday- mostly pottered about weeding,tidying and planning. Both beds of seedlings coming through, melons still growing, tomatos still green. Picked loads of vegetables and flowers.
            Away today but must start preparing for winter.
            No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• 8 pots of blackberry jam
              Yup...autumn is just around the corner folks!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Collected more Hollyhock seeds, cut the grass, weeded & dug up a load of iris's that will be going to a new home tomorrow

Comment

• Had a tidy up! Now things have gone over!

Still a few more stuff to come!

But happy to leave the "Bolted Stuff" To the Bees!

Attached Files
                  "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Had a mass burial of toms, Q's, sugar snaps and radiash into the dalek. Spent ages watching the bee's on my now massive flowering mint - I was going to trim some back down to encourage new growth but I don't want the bee's to go hungry.
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Picked these little beauties this morning
                      Attached Files
                      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Today I sowed some Japanese onion seeds (Senshyu). 30 large modules, 2 seeds in each module.

I hope they do better than last year, when the seedlings all got killed by grey mould.
                        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• I painted my shed! My allotment neighbours must think I'm mental. It was ugly and horrible and to be fair they did let a 26 year old girl into their plots so I of course have to make it prettier. Here's a before picture...

And after!

Okay honestly on the tin it looked darker and more lavender. I freaked to begin with because it started out as such a bright pink but seems to at least have darkened to purple The little bird house isn't staying there, it'll be going around the back. And I'll be putting up more hanging baskets under the windows (as well as curtains in them!)
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Amandaod; 19-08-2015, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• For the first time this year I actually made a meal from all my own gear! Well apart from the sausages!

Jeez! I now can't move! But it was to "Die For"

While the "Cat's are away" on there "Jollies" ...........
                            Attached Files
                            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• I've been weeding the walkways today. I need to get some more cardboard down to smother all the weeds. Good excuse to do some online shopping to get the boxes

I did a wee happy dance in the greenhouse earlier too. (a very careful one as it's a bit crowded in there).
                              Look - two of the tomatoes are turning red!

Attached Files

Comment

• Today I sowed swiss chard, garlic, blood onions, cauliflower, radishes, sunflower and pansies. All on my window sill.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X