Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday I lifted (almost) the last of the potatoes and fired up the rotavator to stir the top 3 inches of the potato bed. Then planted some green manure (Rye grass and a vetch type thing). All being well this will germinate before the cold (I might even have to water it), and get chopped in during the spring cultivations. This is my second attempt to use green manure, hope springs eternal!

Comment

• Pulled up my slug-ravaged Dwarf French beans and marigolds in the polytunnel, I need to clear the beds now for some spring greens and chard. Found the two giant orange slugs that had ravaged my beans and threw them in the compost bin. Picked a tupperware's worth of ripe tomatoes.
      He-Pep!

Comment

• Yesterday, pulled out some of the tomato plants that i should have done ages ago, very easy though being completely dead and dried out.
        Planted out 70 sweet onion seedlings, 20 kohl rabi, 11 romanesco broccoli, 40 different lettuces.
        My peas are just about poking their heads out
        Good excuse to go to the garden centre to see what else i can fit in.
        I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

• I seemed to have lost a day.......................Was up all day Tuesday doing garden duties. Had a small nap around 9pm before picking a coach up at 01:30 (yesterday). Travelled down to Dover & across to Dunkerque on the 8am ferry (was supposed to be Calais but there was a 2 hour delay) to do a little fighting on the beaches. From there, up to Andinkirke, Belgium for a little shoppin'..........back down to Dunkerque for a little more shopping.....................was supposed to go to Cite Europe Shopping Mall but didn't have time due to original ferry diversion. Back on the ferry for a 4pm crossing. After shuffling around with watches, I eventually got back in the house around 11pm............got up this morning & hadn't a scooby doo what day it was........
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Sounds like you had a great day BM, I would be absolutely shattered!
            sigpic

Comment

• Dug a space in the garden and planted out my banana shallots.
              Planted my red onion sets in modules until the outdoor tomatoes are finished.
              Started the never ending job of raking up the autumn leaves. We have trees in front and behind our house so a busy few weeks coming up.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Did you start your banana shallots off from seed Bramble?..............Sorry for chatting.
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                  Did you start your banana shallots off from seed Bramble?..............Sorry for chatting.
                  No Bigmally, I saw them in the garden centre and decided to give them a go.
                  To be quite honest I wasn't even looking for rgem but they looked so big and healthy I had to have them.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Planted out my garlic this afternoon.
                    Planted my red Electric onion sets onto modules until the outdoor tomatoes are finished.
                    These red onion sets are the ones I started off with their roots in water.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I've shut down my little tunnel for the winter. Not the most strenuous job in the world. All that needed doing was weed and cover a 3" by 2" bed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                        I've shut down my little tunnel for the winter. Not the most strenuous job in the world. All that needed doing was weed and cover a 3" by 2" bed.
                        Yep, weeding and covering a 3" by 2" bed wouldn't be very strenuous. I take it you meant 3' by 2'
                        Sorry SP but you've made me giggle at the thought of your tiddly little bed
                        Last edited by veggiechicken; 06-10-2015, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          Yep, weeding and covering a 3" by 2" bed wouldn't be very strenuous. I take it you meant 3' by 2'
                          Sorry SP but you've made me giggle at the thought of your tiddly little bed
                          We're a naughty lot, I was going to say the same
                          Grapevine Facebook Group

My Blog

Comment

• Planted up pots of tulips and daffodils this afternoon. The daffs re a bit late but I was waiting for some of my tomatoes to finish so I could use the pots.
                            Potted on the fuschia cuttings I took a few weeks ago. Thay are growing well due to the mild temp.
                            Still dead heading the dahlias which are showing plenty of colour.
                            Lots of weeding and general tidying and raking leaves.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Gave the leeks and August planted onions a bit of a water as its been quite dry and mild for 2 weeks, then as usual it rained this morning. The Mrs pulled the last of the courgette fruits off. Its the beginning of the end now sadly. Will continue to shut the place down next weekend, last of the pumpkins have been pulled, will dig out the plants, last few tomatoes still ripening, will pull out the tomatillo plants and pick the last of the small fruits.

Comment

• Planted out some spring cabbages and broccoli into the polytunnel bed that was recently vacated by sweetcorn.
                                Pulled up my flagging courgette plants in preparation for onion sets and garlic.
                                Picked a couple of dozen Tumbler tomatoes.
                                He-Pep!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X