X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomatoes

Attached Files

Comment

• Lettuces, the last of the (delicious) Arran Pilot spuds, a bag of Ratte spuds, a few carrots of various shapes and sizes, some runner beans, a mixed bag of summer berries (straw, rasp and black).
      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Black currants, red currants, raspberries, rhubarb, broad beans & sweet peas
        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Getting creative with my pickings

Attached Files

Comment

• My first beetroot ever. I think I left it long in the ground.

Attached Files

Comment

• Beetroot, raspberries, cucumber (a first for us), potatoes, spring onions. Also decided leaving the red onions and garlic on the ground to 'harden up and dry out' might not be working in this weather. So gathered them up and put them on the bench in the greenhouse.

Comment

• Spuds, carrots, my first runner beans and sweetcorn
                We may not have an allotment, but we definately grow what we like in our back garden lol
                Attached Files
                Nannys make memories

Comment

• Wow nannysally sweetcorn already! whats your secret? did you plant early? what variety?

Comment

• The first of my blackberries just a handful to have my porridge
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by maverick451 View Post
                      Wow nannysally sweetcorn already! whats your secret? did you plant early? what variety?
                      I started them indoors on 7th April and they went into the garden during the 3rd week of May.
                      Variety Swift - I got loads lol
                      Nannys make memories

Comment

• [yesterday] Lettuce, rocket, and a gorgeous, delicious courgette.

Years ago in our old house, when we had the loan of a neighbour's garden, we harvested over 90 onions. The weather was rubbish, so we brought the lot indoors and laid them out on newspapers all over the living room - on the table, chairs, piano, carpet, sofa... every level surface was covered in newspaper and onions.

Neighbour came to the door saying anxiously, "So sorry, but I'm in the middle of cooking this dish and I've just realised I don't have an onion. You don't have one, do you?"

I just let the door swing fully open. We stopped laughing about half an hour later...

Never, before or since, have we had a house full of onions, and never has our neighbour needed one. Perfect moment.

Comment

• Firestorm runner beans all ready for dinner tonight
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Cabbage (via PSB thinnings), spring onions (really Impatient Ordinary Onions), beetroot, radishes, courgette, HUGE pak choi.

Comment

• Broad beans for supper.
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Golden beetroot, small cabbage,CARROTS (6-all straight I might be getting the knack of this-touch wood),peas and a few beans.
                                No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X