Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two courgettes and the biggest potato I have ever seen.... Will take pics tonight

Comment

• Still runners, carrots and lots of tomatoes. Will need more spuds by the weekend though
      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Well at long last, and not before time!!!!!

A basket of ripe Tomatoes!

There would have been more! But half the "Sungold" never made it passed the greenhouse door!

Attached Files
        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• 4 Toms - 2 italian beef and 2 ickle yellow ones, some chard and several courgettes.
          It was even sunny.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Yesterday was a bumper harvest day. I had to make two trips to the car because I could not carry it all and I hadn't even thought about lifting some potatoes. So, took my onions home because they have been drying in the glass shed. Carrier bag full of runner beans, 5 big courgettes (2 were almost marrows), 3 cucumbers, bucket of plums, punnet of blackberries, pound of tomatoes, half a carrier bag of apples, two good handfuls of french beans. I have a cauliflower in the raised bed at home to pick. Today I shall be mostly pickling!

Comment

• The last of my runners, carrots and a bit of kale. Amazingly I also picked 2 of the long finger peppers (don't know the name as I got the seeds last winter out of some we bought at the market) that had been outside in the garden for the last 8 weeks - part of my 'do I really have to have a porch that looks like a triffid nursery'. So out went the toms, bell peppers and finger pepper thingy's and they have all survived, even the aubergine.

6 toms.
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• My first ever sweetcorn harvested last week Woop . Was delicious and had a degree of crispiness that I've never experienced compared with sweetcorn cob bought from the shops.

And some toms picked yesterday before the rain had a chance to split the skins.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by solanaceae; 30-08-2015, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• cucumbers, peas, spring onions, beetroot, red onions, garlic (super happy), baby corn and lots and lots of herbs. Busy weekend!

Comment

• More beans - runner and french, courgettes, cucumbers, tomatoes, plums. The greengages are so close to being ready it's quite worrying as there are so many of them. I shall be urging allotment neighbours to bring a bucket! I had beans for supper last night, I am taking some over to brother in law later this morning and it looks like I shall be making more runner bean chutney later. Not complaining though

Comment

• My outdoor Alicante tomatoes harvested today
                      Attached Files

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• [Monday] Beetroot. The rest of the row. I was worried they would be woody, but they roasted up into sweet, succulent heaven. *drool* Must grow more next year!

Comment

• About another 8kg of French beans.
                          Just making a variation on a theme of Piccalilli cos I haven't got all the ingredients!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Loads of tatties, though they are more "prince" rather than "king Edwards", bit on the smallish size.

Comment

• Radishes, Peas, 'Ophelia' bite size Aubergines, Carrots, Runner Beans, Dwarf French Beans, Banana Peppers and 1 or 2 Tomatoes

Attached Files
                              What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                              Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• picked these beutiful aubs(indian, small type green and purple )
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X