Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decided I was going to cut down Tomato plants today and collected just over 7kg of Tomatoes - most of them ripe. 3kg of Runner Beans, 4kg of DFB's, a couple of handfuls of Strawberries, 2 punnets of Raspberries, a few chillies of various kinds, a Cucumber, 6 west Indian Gherkins, 10 Tomatilloes, a dozen Cape Gooseberries, a Lettuce, 3 Corn cobs, a small posy of Sweet Pea flowers, Marjoram for drying out, a bunch of French Breakfast Radishes, 4 Leeks and a Melon. *Gasps for breath
    What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
    Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• Today

Tomatoes, Corn and an orange sweet pepper.

Attached Files

Comment

• More tomatoes, all my remaining chillis, a sweet pepper, more runner beans and some maincrop potatoes with lots of slug holes in.
        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Potatoes, a delicious corn cob, lettuce, a tiny tiny carrot (went to next door's rabbit), various apples, plums, leeks and baby leeks, courgettes (including a double siamese twin), french beans, runner beans, a few tomatoes and some peppers.

Unfortunately not grown by me, but by my grandad (which is somehow better!)

p.s. dont know why the pics are upside down but they wont turn around - you get the gist
          Attached Files

Comment

• Good harvest Vixylix.
            Dont worry about the pic flipping, we can still see it.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Yesterday - 8 lbs of damsons (again!) but these are for my neighbours, 4 courgettes, 8 lbs of green tomatoes .... guess what I am doing this morning , potatoes, turnips, beetroot and I pulled a few parsnips but they are more top than bottom. So also pulled 4 leeks. I shall have to buy a cauliflower so that we can have cheesy leeks and cauli. Also picked a lot of beans, but they are probably the penultimate harvest of runner beans such a shame as they are my absolute favourite vegetable. Oh and a few plums, enough for a vanilla and plum cheesecake for pudding tomorrow.

Comment

• Your'e going to a busy lady today Susie. ☺

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Carrier bag of almost ripe tomatos,flowers,little gem, beans various and some pumpkin shoots to try.
                  No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Pulled out my first onions of the year today. I noticed a few of them have gone to seed. They aren't even dying off yet but i decided to pull a few up and let them dry out in the garage.

Comment

• 3 winter snowman squash sweetcorn beetroot a few pears and a giant courgette.
                      When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

• Just enough runner and french beans for our dinner and black Tuscan

Comment

• Raspberries...just when I thought they'd finished!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Two eeny-weeny sweetcorn which were cooked within 30 minutes of leaving the plant and were simply delicious Definitely something I'm going to grow more of next year!
                            Attached Files
                            If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Tomatoes, raspberries, cucumbers and possibly the last courgettes from two of the plants. And a big handful of climbing frenchies. There are still flowers on those plants - the gift that keeps on giving.

Comment

• An aubergine! I grew an aubergine! a big, beautiful, shiny purple aubergine (jumps up and down). To be honest I was clearing the plants out of the stay put to compost when I discovered it hiding among the shrivelled up leaves. Six plants = 1 aubergine!
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X