This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kale and compulsory caterpillar

Harvested some lovely green curly kale, complete with my normal side of a furry brown caterpillar. How on earth does it survive this weather!

Comment

Lots of lovely spinach and rocket. Some of my favourite greens.
      I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

(Yesterday actually, but who's counting?) Last of the scorzonera, mooli and some PSB. It made a great stir fry, with cabbage, lettuce, mushrooms and onions, with last year's sweetcorn and dwarf French beans.

Comment

A few more Duke of York spuds, Bright Lights Chard, some Purple Top Turnips and some Broccoli Raab
          What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
          Pumpkin pi.

Comment

The very first sprig of PSB from my friend's garden. The plants there are twice the size of mine and a bit further forward, a result of her garden being sunny and mine definitely not.
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Leeks and carrots and chilli peppers
              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
              sigpic

Comment

4 reasonable leeks, 2 huge parsnips, 2 small romanescos, a handful of Jerusalem artichokes and a small red cabbage.
                Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

Harvested some PSB (Rudolph variety) which had escaped the pigeons
                  Attached Files

Comment

The very last of the Desiree potatoes from their growing bag in the garage. Still in perfect condition, so I will be growing more next year (if I can find room!) to see if I can get them to last me all year. I still have a few portions of mash in the freezer

Also harvested some salad greens for lunch and some carrots for tea.
                    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

More salad greens and the last of the carrots in the garage. There is another pot but I think they may be very small as the foliage was eaten by something last summer, although it did regrow.

Also ate a pea sized red tomato off one of my long suffering Shirleys, 2 of which are looking distinctly unhappy

Comment

Harvested PSB and sprouts....much to the family's relief there's only one sprout plant left, so next week should see the end of our glut.

Comment

While digging up JA's i came across a pound of nice clean tatties.. and very nice they were too.
                          Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

A couple of small swedes and some Mixed lettuce from the GH.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

A few leeks and a lovely large harvest of PSB

Comment

Leeks and carrots for soup, mizuna and alfalfa for lunch and PSB for tea

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X