Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSB a result of too close planting, when I dug out wsb I discovered some small ones that had been hidden under the big ones and hadn't sprouted yet. Even though I dug and prepared beds for climbing beans, corn and gourds I left the stunted ones,they have become massive and productive- good for the table but beans don't like it much!
    Today I picked spring greens and 3 varieties of asian greens- ivory pak choi and two I didn't label.
    No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Courgettes, beans, parsley and garlic chives for tea delicious

Comment

• Carrier bag of salad for village bbq. Green garlic for dressing-with mayonnaisse and parmesan.
        No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• More strawberries, this is what happened to them
          Attached Files
          Nannys make memories

Comment

• Lettuces, raspberries, baby carrots and my first garlic of the year:

Also this lovely vaseful:

Attached Files
            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Potatoes, radishes , beetroots and some strawberries.
              sigpic

Comment

• Garlic and I'm really pleased with it this year, apart from the very thick stems.
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• My very 1st courgette, sugar snap peas that got nowhere near the kitchen but were just scoffed whilst picking, strawbs and I spotted that for the first time ever I have beetroot, they are only tiny bulbs but at least they are not all leaf.
                  I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Harvested the first of my strawberries this morning, although predictably none of them made it back home from the allotment. Also, pulled up the first of my Casablanca first early potatoes which I'll be enjoying for tonights tea!
                    Adventures in growing exciting and unusual edibles! https://modernvegplot.com/

Comment

• Some potatoes, lettuce, aubergine and the tomatoes and coming fast now. It's too hot to be out there so will go pick more later
                      I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

• Carrots, peas, broadbeans, garlic, still tonnes of broadbeans left on the plants , I know for next year not to plant as many as I have this year I'm broadbean'd out

Comment

• Elderflowers, rhubarb(for Ottelenghi recipe), little gems, wsb and redcurrants(me vs blackbirds- they are currently winning- unable to help myself, trying to be sorry as I imagine groans)

Comment

• MY fìrst tomato. A Manitoba. Also some garlic, not very big this year but its lookingmgood all the same. Lettuce, scallions a d some strawberries. .

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• New potatoes, and a big bundle of PSB which looked like it might bolt in a few days. Also some flowers - have since realised my mistake in cutting the orange escholzia, as it's all wilted.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Nice harvest!

I've got the hang of cutting eschscholzia now. I put half an inch of boiling water in my spare mug and carry it down to the flower plot. Cut the flowers and put the cut end in the boiling water for a minute or two. Then put them in cold water with all the other flowers.
                                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X