Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer sprouting, lettuce, cucumber, raspberries, gooseberries. Picking takes ages!

Comment

• More gooseberries, kale, rocket & lettuce

Comment

• Yesterday...

2 x Little Gem lettuce
        1 x Iceberg lettuce
        6 x Beetroot 'Perfect 3'
        6 x Beetroot 'Chioggia'
        Maris Peer potatoes ~ last lot from plants grown in poly tunnel.

Attached Files
        If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Chioggi beetroot, parsley, broadbeans, carrot(1! small paris market),garlic.
          No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• padron peppers, 2kg red gooseberries, fennel, chard, French beans, rugosa fruilana and a few pea pods (didn't make it home) YUM!
            http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Raspberries while wondering around the garden this morning.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• first chilli harvest today. Got some huge jalapenos, so I will be making an indian snack out of them later called 'MIRHCI VADA'.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Another two fat little courgettes, a handful of radishes and lots of mange tout. Oh, and some lettuce. I'm a bit overrun with lettuce. Must remember to grow less of it next year...

Comment

• Today: 2 kg of strawberrys
                    More rhubarb
                    Maris peer potatoes for tea .
                    yesterday 20 garlic.

Comment

• Charlotte potatoes, mixed salad leaves, chives, basil, Lemon tree toms, telephone and purple podded peas. Plus a hand full of raspberries and the very last of the strawberries.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• About a dozen autumn planted onions (picture on the ' What makes you happy' thread.

Comment

• About 15 pounds (in old weight) of onions, outer skins removed and strung.
                          Only another 50+ pounds to go

Attached Files

Comment

• What I harvested today

1 big long burpless cucumber (very impressed!) - actually found another hiding round the back but leaving it for a few days to 'fatten up'

1 golden beetroot - experimental. Leaving the rest to get a bit bigger before pulling

2 courgettes - one massive and one baby which I rescued as the plant was being taken over by blackfly

Think my shallots are just about ready to come up but the sun had gone in for the day so leaving that job for another time.

Also spent a lot of time thinking about digging up some of my potatoes which have suddenly gone from huge and bushy to limp and wilted (my in laws have been watering while I've been on holiday). Decided to do a BIG watering and see if that helps them any first

Comment

• Finally feel like I am harvesting things. Over the weekend I lifted my potato onions and cippolini onions which are now in the garage drying. Picked enough strawbs that a tub actually made it to the kitchen. A few shetland black spuds, a bit on the small side but still yummy. Second handful on bijou mangetout (I was worried after the state of the plants once the birds had been at them). A tasting of giant stride peas. Then this morning my first 3 courgettes (green bush, black beauty and an Italian Variety from Sarico/VSP)

Comment

• Huge bag hurst green shaft peas, lots of fat old broad beans (will have to be for soup), 3 baby courgettes, foremost potatoes and a big bunch of spinach beet- for once it's beginning to resemble a glut!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X