Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of nice courgettes and a pan full of yellow chard (first time for me). Very tasty it was too

Comment

• Three more courgettes today.

Comment

• Almost a full tub of fat juicy Hurst Greenshaft peas and a 'few' raspberries from next to my greenhouse & shed. I didn't plant these - they were already there - but oh, HOW have I went 47 years without realising just how amazing fresh raspberries are compared to the tasteless pap supermarkets sell....which is the reason I wasn't bothered about growing them in the first place!

If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Originally posted by Gillykat View Post
          Almost a full tub of fat juicy Hurst Greenshaft peas and a 'few' raspberries from next to my greenhouse & shed. I didn't plant these - they were already there - but oh, HOW have I went 47 years without realising just how amazing fresh raspberries are compared to the tasteless pap supermarkets sell....which is the reason I wasn't bothered about growing them in the first place!

Be interested to see what you conjure up with peas and raspberries! You never know they could be a match made in heaven
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Gillykat View Post
            HOW have I went 47 years without realising just how amazing fresh raspberries are compared to the tasteless pap supermarkets sell....which is the reason I wasn't bothered about growing them in the first place!
            I keep having surprises like that too!
            Brill ain't it?

Oops...forgot to say more fresh peas. Never made it to the kitchen!!!
            Last edited by Nicos; 24-07-2015, 08:26 PM.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• My first ever homegrown raspberry. Lovely . Another little gem and a couple of courgettes.looked at the broad beans , but may have been killed if i brought more home today.

Comment

• What have I harvested today......rain, loads of lovely rain

Comment

• Peas, courgettes, strawberries, broccoli, onions, sweet peas.....wondered about picking the blackcurrants but will leave them another week.

Comment

• Raspberries, strawberries, the first blackberries, some lovely blackfly-free runner beans and lots of flowers.
                    Last edited by Martin H; 25-07-2015, 05:50 PM.
                    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Started cropping new lettuces, peas, mange tout and a few(3) beans.
                      No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Lettuce and radish from the raised beds in the garden. So convenient. And there are cucumbers so more relish later I think. And a handful of peas from the raised bed - lovely in salad.

Comment

• Nothing, cos nothing's growing right! I did have some onions though and some chillies and the toms do have flowers, nothing on the runners but live in hope! Where is this blooming sunshine!!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Pulled up all my shallots which are currently in the spare bedroom drying. Also pulled up all the remaining carrots which have been split between salads and some lovely roasted carrots for tea yesterday. Chopped the tops off my sugar snaps which were starting to lean over into next doors gardens. Harvested all the young shoots for salads along with sons more mixed lettuce and another burpless cucumber. So pleased with how these are doing! Have had about 7 so far with another two nearly ready and another three or four smaller ones underway!

Comment

• Today I harvested NOTHING!

On hols in the very WET Lake District .....
                              Am I sad for missing my greenhouse and its contents (not very much this season as its work in progress...)???
                              I left my late planted toms in full flower and plenty of marble sized fruits. Also some fine looking glossy green chillies plumping up nicely ...
                              As my 'plot' isnt underway yet, I grew 4 runner bean plants in a large pot with bamboo cane 'wigwam' thingy for them to climb, clever things. Loads of scarlet flowers, hoping there might be some baby beans when i get back home ...
                              Hoping my watering buddy isn't shirking !!!
                              So, AM I sad to miss my growing 'babies' lovingly brought up from seeds.... ?
                              ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                              a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                              - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Peas, kale and lettuce.
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X