Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first of the tomatillos! They are struggling a bit now with lack of magnesium I believe but they are starting to drop off the plant or swell out of their husks at a decent size.

Carrots to nibble on in work as well.

Comment

• My first strawberry! Was so excited I forgot to take a picture.

Unfortunately it had been nibbled (and unfortunately on closer inspection so have the others) but still tasted delicious! Lots of small ones still on there - hoping they have time to finish growing!

Also some lettuce and radishes for salad and courgettes for tea.

Comment

• Emptied first of the potato,bags, Charlote, very happy with results and some v large potatoes.

More Amythyst dwarf beans, these have been marvellous, also loads of purple climbing French beans.

Lovely yellow courgettes, and 1 green one.

Forgot to pick a lettuce!
        DottyR

Comment

• Radish pods, sage, the first of the San Manzano, de Colgar and Green Zebra and more Discovery apples. Evicted a lot of baby caterpillars who were silly enough (i am grareful) to advertise their presence in my greenhouse by eating one tomato leaf to webbing.

Comment

• Was having a nose round my cucumber pots earlier, just to see if there were any I had missed that needed picking and I came across this massive beauty hiding away somehow.

It had a circumference of 8.25 inches and weighed 675g. Proper chuffed .

Skin was a bit thick for eating so peeled that off and the family enjoyed a thoroughly pleasant tasting cucumber with the dinner.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by solanaceae; 06-08-2015, 07:10 PM. Reason: added photo

Comment

• I'm growing mini cucumbers this year, and have finally harvested one. Yes, it's a bit misshapen but it tasted lovely, and it's formed the first letter of my name. Wonder if the next one will be an A
              Attached Files

Comment

• Carole don't forget to enter it in the vine competition, perfect in the "funny veg" section

Yesterday I harvested more toms, french beans, chard, flat leaf parsley and garlic chives to go with chicken breast for my dinner last night! It was delicious
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Scarlet; 07-08-2015, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Pak choi, onions-pretending-to-be-spring-onions, baby-leeks-pretending-to-be-spring-onions, radishes, courgettes.

I love spring onions but can't grow them. Can you tell? ;-)

Comment

• Our first two tomatoes, beautiful runner beans
                    Nannys make memories

Comment

• a dish of blackberries.

First pick of the year. Picked these at lunch time today.
                      Attached Files

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• The first of this seasons Black Cherry toms plus beetroot, mixed lettuce, chives, courgette, thyme purple podded peas and some broad beans.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                          First pick of the year. Picked these at lunch time today.
                          I haven't seen a ripe one yet, Mothhawk just posted that she's been picking some too! I been out with the dog too but not seen any - must try harder.

Just picked beans for the boys tea.

Comment

• Today I picked the last of my broad beans and cleared the bed, also the last of my early potatoes, the last remaining onions, and the last handful of strawberries. Also pulled out a barrow load of annual flowers which had gone over. It's strange seeing so much bare earth again on the allotment, a bit sad really.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• 5 tomatoes, 2 sweetcorn
                              Nannys make memories

Comment

• One cucumber, and a handful of dill to go with the salmon that we had for dinner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X