Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still picking fresh chillies straight off the plant.
    Pods are still ripening slowly in the greenhouse and on windowsills.

Comment

• Had to empty half the xmas potatoes out of the tubs as i need the tubs. Quite pleased after the neglect and storm they suffered. Think i tripled or quadrupled the amount i planted so i guess still up. i will give some shelter next year
      Still have quite a few in pots with slight green foliage so hoping for better out of those
      Attached Files
      I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

• First leeks of the year (yesterday).
        Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Some of these beautiful Semaroh peppers.

Attached Files
          My blog: www.grow-veg.uk

@Grow_Veg_UK

Comment

• Have eaten home grown potatoes today. Don't have the space for lots of potatoes, just grow a few in bags. At the end of the growing season, foliage is easily removed and bags placed in shed*. Potatoes will keep for a few months in dry compost and cool conditions, and were harvested yesterday.

Lovely taste, so much better than bought potatoes.

*'shed' is a garage, but have far more interest in gardening than cars.

Comment

• Yesterday's harvest: cape gooseberries, poppy heads for seed, globe artichokes, raspberries, the last tomatoes, beetroot and a turnip for pickling
              http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• 2 cabbages, one red and one savoy.
                DottyR

Comment

• I planted a whole packet of dated mixed salad leaves about a month back, i must say i am very happy with the outcome, mix of rocket, pak choi leaves, mustard etc etc i have picked loads for a nice big salad tonight.
                  Along with some tomatoes, peppers, spring onions and 4 tiny radishes.

sigpic

Comment

• Really chuffed with the BNS.
                    Attached Files
                    My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ananke View Post
                      Really chuffed with the BNS.
                      Looks great Ananke, well done You.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Still harvesting Toms in mid November. A few Strawberries, two Lettuces, 4 Pak Choi, Tomatilloes, Cape Gooseberries, Bell Boy Peppers, Ring of Fire, Habenero, Scotch Bonnet, Prairie Fire, Aji Colorado and Thai Chillies and Picked the last Runner Beans.
                        What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                        Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• Couple of tiny onions, tomatoes, peppers and a courgette for a spag bol yummy, just can't be bothered to cook it.

sigpic

Comment

• Broccoli seems to be doing better now then at the height of summer, picked enough to go with a couple of plates of pasta for lunch. Its been a very mild winter so far though mostly around 15C-ish. Will pull some leeks for tea but something has been eating my chard - dont know if its a deer or slugs made a comeback.

Comment

• More aubergines!!!! pepper, lettuce and broccoli.

Going to pick more olives in a bit

sigpic

Comment

• With the mild autumn, I've left some of my chillies and peppers on the plant as long as possible in the greenhouse, and they have been continuing to ripen slowly, even in to November.
                                But with temperatures dropping fast tonight, I have collected ripe fruit today from Orange Habanero, Bishops Hat chillies, and Orange Bell, Palermo sweet peppers.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X