Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I harvested- parsnips, baby carrots, sprouts, beetroot, experimental potatoes from a bucket. Very pleased with those!
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• Parsnips, yeah, swedes yeah,

sprouts, double yeah, kale yeah. all the other stuff already home. isn't having all your own veg so satisfying --------treble yeah

ooooooh forgot, took home leeks as well.

Also supplied my daughter with the makings for a pot of soup and sprouts.
      Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 24-12-2015, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Sprouts, and a bunch of rudbeckia, helichrysum, ox eye daisies, euphorbia and a couple of sweet peas, all still flowering since the summer.

Such mild weather.....dread to think how many slugs, snails and other beasties have overwintered.

Comment

• I hate sprouts.

Harvested carrots over the weekend though and salad leaves. Parsley tonight as garnish.

Im also concerned about the beasts overwintering, its mild here too 11-ish. Found a hornet in the salad leaves the other day, few flies around.

Comment

• Took my mum into the PT, any we harvested loads of leaves, spinach, rocket, salad bowl, oriental leaves, mustard, iceberg, pak choi, other things i do not know the name of and just now i have realised i picked 6 rather plump radish and i left them in the PT on a shelve and i didn't even realise the whole time i made dinner, whoops, i will get them in the morning
            1 lovely stripy courgette and a massive calabrese head
            I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

• Thread closed and new thread opened for 2016 at http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...6-a_87844.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X