No announcement yet.

A highly recommended Broad Bean

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see from the Gold Standard thread that Sewer Rat is growing a Witkeim type too. Must put one of these on my 'hit list'. Incidentally, the Bunyard's Exhibition in my avatar photo are now big enough to obscure me completely - maybe it's time for a new photo?
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thanks PW for this, I may well try them next time.

I am growing Giant Exhibition Longpod BB and although some of the plants have a huge amount of pods, others have not really done very well at all, and maybe only showing 5-6 pods.

I picked one the other day and tried while on the allotment and it wasn't as sweet as I would have liked. I've a feeling if I let them grow to full size they may be bitter so will pick all early.

An onion can make people cry but there's never been a vegetable that can make people laugh.

Will Rogers

Comment

I prefer the green seeded broad bean varieties.

Imperial/Masterpiece Green Longpod are my favourites.

Picked when very young, they are wonderful.

valmarg

Comment

can't get any!

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
          recommendation.... "Witkiem Vroma". The yield is huge
          Really intested in these, but only two suppliers pop up on Google: Fothergill who are out of stock, and Elsoms who supply trade not me

You wouldn't have 3 seeds to spare would you Piglet? I could swap for some French bean seeds, got several heritage varieties
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X