No announcement yet.

Best sweetcorn

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm growing swift for the first time this year due to other members recommendation.
    @thecluelessgardener

Comment

I have grown lark sweetcorn for the last few years with excellent results here in Yorkshire. I have never grown beans up them but I always plant my squashes outside my sweetcorn square and encourage them to romp through the sweetcorn. This seems to keep the weeds to a minimum.

Comment

Thank you all for varieties and tips - suspect three sisters will be courting disaster. Any thoughts on giant sunflowers?
        No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

I have grown Swift for years, last year grew Lark instead (which I have always regarded as being "similar" - seed of Swift not available from my normal supplier). Lark grew more cobs-per-plant than Swift, other than that (rather major bonus!!) I thought it was much the same. Bred to be not very tall so gets on with producing cobs early in its life, important for the short summer in the UK [compared to, say, USA] and also bred to be very very sweet (a so called "super sweet" variety)
          K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

I had a superb crop of swift last year, most were frozen within minutes of picking and I am still using them now.
            photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

I'm doing something wrong as I don't grow enough to last the Summer out, let alone freeze !
              K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

I'll be happy with one.
                He-Pep!

Comment

Ah a gardener after my own thought process.
                  I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by kris1960 View Post
                    Any thoughts on giant sunflowers?
                    Good companion for corn,slugs got mine last year,but good for attracting predatory insects

Comment

Originally posted by Kristen View Post
                      I'm doing something wrong as I don't grow enough to last the Summer out, let alone freeze !
                      Youm eatin em too fast !
                      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X