When to pick cucumber?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to pick cucumber?

I have two fat cucmbers on my cucmber plant and am wondering when to pick them. They are both very pale green with some yellow - nothing like the dark green ones one buys in shops. Can someone tell me, when I should pick them?

If they are turning yellow get them off the plant quick. Once they turn yellow and mature, the plant will stop producing more. Size of cucumber is dependent on the type you are growing - maybe you missed them being dark green or maybe they are not a dark skinned type.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

I've grown various types over the years, some look just like the ones from the shops and others a totally different colour / shape. However, the shop shaped ones do usually come a similar colour although there are other colours eg white etc. I'd check your packet to see what they should look like to give you a clue.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X